Griffin Indiana 19 Map Creator In Need of Input

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
lawm

Re: Griffin Indiana 19 Map Creator In Need of Input

Post by lawm »

10-4 on keeping my plow sharp lol. I did a big chunk last night with a deere ripper. Thanks for adjusting the ambient farm machine sound. Maybe it was because I use headphones it just seemed to have a deep droning sound from afar. I can live with it now that you confirmed what it was meant for. Mentally inward wondering if it was intended or a glitch and I am able to overlook it now that I know it's no glitch.....OCD lol. There are no game breaking issues and hopefully there are no issues pop up with your update. Please dont spend much more time messing with this map. It's extremely enjoyable how it is and you need to get to the playing aspect with your offspring.

Much thanks again!!!
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

With regards to your abnormaly high slot count, it would appear to stem from the settings in your xml's
for example

your FarmShack.xml (which should be exactly the same as the default as you appear to have changed nothing)

Code: Select all

<vertexBufferMemoryUsage>201528</vertexBufferMemoryUsage>
        <indexBufferMemoryUsage>20940</indexBufferMemoryUsage>
        <textureMemoryUsage>141559416</textureMemoryUsage>
        <instanceVertexBufferMemoryUsage>0</instanceVertexBufferMemoryUsage>
        <instanceIndexBufferMemoryUsage>0</instanceIndexBufferMemoryUsage>
default FarmShack.xml

<vertexBufferMemoryUsage>1152</vertexBufferMemoryUsage>
        <indexBufferMemoryUsage>144</indexBufferMemoryUsage>
        <textureMemoryUsage>128</textureMemoryUsage>
        <instanceVertexBufferMemoryUsage>0</instanceVertexBufferMemoryUsage>
        <instanceIndexBufferMemoryUsage>0</instanceIndexBufferMemoryUsage>
It always wise to ensure that these values are set to zero before submission and also check that the translation/rotation of any placeable i3d's is set to zero as this can cuase problems as well.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@TheSuBBie
Thanks so much for the info. However that's why I am still confused. As I copied the original xml's and only added these lines to each

<canBeSold>true</canBeSold>
<showInStore>false</showInStore>
<seasons>
<maskAreas>
<!-- empty list so there is no masking -->
</maskAreas>
</seasons>

Then I used
1.modDefaultItems.xml -for map position
2.modDesc.xml -for my "moded placeable xml" and all of these are using $data link for the original i3d's as like you stated are not changed

The above method confused folks because it shows as a mod when you sale Items which is probably were the problem .

My New Method very simple. Does Giants approve of this file structure?
1. I removed all of the placeable xmls, in question

2.modDesc.xml-
<storeItem xmlFilename="$data/placeables/mapUS/farmBuildings/farmShack.xml" />

3.modDefaultItems.xml-
<item className="Placeable" filename="data/placeables/mapUS/farmBuildings/farmShack.xml" position="-551.118 125.756 -482.824" rotation="0 -90 0" defaultFarmProperty="true" farmId="1"/>

TestRunner shows fail for not being able to find file -data/placeables/sheds/store_easyShed01.dds which is even more strange as the file is 100% there and my new method is using all of the games Original xmls. In testing on two separate PC's there is no errors and you can view the Easy Shed store Icon. Assume bug with TestRunner, Other then that no errors
Thanks again for the input
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Any store item (including base game items) thats listed in the moDesc will show as a mod if not allocated <showInStore>false</showInStore> in the xml

The placeable i3d's should have no translation/rotation settings so the ony location setting is in the default items.xml otherwise location problems can occur.

The following are taken from your placeables folder i3d's

<Scene>
    <TransformGroup name="modSellingStation_2" [b]translation="33.516 107.752 457.57"[/b] nodeId="83431">

<Scene>
        <TransformGroup name="waterFillTriggers" [b]translation="95.1917 110.339 336.866"[/b] nodeId="63481">
<Scene>
    <TransformGroup name="modWorkShop" [b]translation="-554.697 125.83 -442.38"[/b] nodeId="83374">
you could also delete the vis (currently under the map) in modWorkshop and replace it with an empty transform group to keep the xml heirarchy.

For interests sake here is the sellingStationBales.xml from the modhub pc version of the MN map

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no" ?>
<placeable>
    <storeData>
        <name>$l10n_shopItem_sellingStationBales</name>
        <image>$data/placeables/mapUS/sellingStations/store_sellingStationBales.png</image>
        <price>1</price>
        <canBeSold>false</canBeSold>
        <showInStore>false</showInStore>
        <lifetime>1000</lifetime>
        <rotation>0</rotation>
        <brand>LIZARD</brand>
        <species>placeable</species>
        <category>placeableMisc</category>

</storeData>

<placeableType>sellingStation</placeableType>
    <filename>$data/placeables/mapUS/sellingStationBales/sellingStationBales.i3d</filename>
    <placement testSizeX="15" testSizeZ="8" sizeX="4" sizeZ="3" useRandomYRotation="false" useManualYRotation="true" />

<sellingStation stationName="$l10n_station_barn" appearsOnPDA="true" storageRadius="0" litersForFullPriceDrop="100000" fullPriceRecoverHours="48">
        <unloadTrigger exactFillRootNode="0" baleTriggerNode="1" />
        <fillType name="straw"            priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
        <fillType name="dryGrass_windrow" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
        <fillType name="grass_windrow"    priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
        <fillType name="silage"           priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
    </sellingStation>

</placeable>

And its defaultItems entry

<item mapBoundId="sellingStationBales" className="SellingStationPlaceable" filename="$mapdir$/placeables/sellingStationBales/sellingStationBales.xml" position="-897.474 152.599 -51.668" rotation="0 86.986 0" />
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@TheSuBBie
Thanks for the taking your time to help clarify. I made most of the changes you mentioned.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Update has been submitted to Giants for review
Changelog 1.1.0.0:
-Changed map features description
-Custom crop textures added
-Trees now all Seasons ready
-Trees around main farm can now all be cut
-Trees on lot in town can now all be cut
-Trees on lot with field 32 can now all be cut
-Lowered a few ambient sounds
-Bga land price reduced
-Flipped T junction road texture
-Lowered slot count to 473
-Snow mask now removed if you sale buildings on main farm
-New Save Recomended

This should be the only save breaking update, anything else will be minor details to improve but not break.
Thanks everyone for the help *thumbsup*
Alcarin75

Post by Alcarin75 »

Congratulations! Hopefully the update review goes smoothly.

I agree with you. With this, the map will be perfect and without a doubt it will be one of the best maps of FS19.

Thanks for your great work.
I like to learn from everyone.
PS4 Player
Griffin Indiana Best Map
lawm

Post by lawm »

Glad you stuck to reset at shop. Excited to get the update! It's been awhile since the actual map was what excited me for my next play session!!!
michaelb1980

Post by michaelb1980 »

That is some awesome work, one beautiful map the only 2 things that bugged me was the trees, but saw they have been fixed, the other is the white fence, at the curve next to main farm the entrance to the grass field needs to be wider by just a tad, and the fence alongside the road closer to the house should be removable. Other than that 1 thing its a perfect map..
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@michaelb1980
I will make entrance wider for sure on future update, You posted to late for this one LOL. Making it removable prob won't happen as then I would need to include lots of extra files in download. Trying to keep it as clean as possible, Kind of same deal as deco on farm. Thanks for reply
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick update. Will wait until I really start there until it comes out. No worries about the reset point 😉

And already thanks for making the farm entrance wider in the future. My DB60 will thank you! Haha
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

I went ahead and made all of the white fence openings wider and few other small changes, So they will be in the 1.1.0.0 update. *thumbsup*
I'm a 3m farmer so gates were fine for me, In RL we farm 300 acres with 100hp tractor and 10' no till Drill. LOL
HoneybadgersRS

Post by HoneybadgersRS »

Hope you can fix the traffic, I was at the railroad crossing with the barrier down at the front and the traffic rammed me then stopped at the barrier.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

I will look into the traffic, and see if there is a way to fix it. Thanks
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Moderator please close thread, Suggestions and comments have been moved to
General discussions thread : Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer