Griffin Indiana 19 Map Creator In Need of Input

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ajFarmer

Griffin Indiana 19 Map Creator In Need of Input

Post by ajFarmer »

Hello, Thanks to all who have tried out the map and glad to see all of the comments and suggestions. If there is anything you would like to change or any errors, floating trees etc.. that has not been fixed in update 1.1.0.0 or not noted in 1.1.1.0 Changelog Please reply.

Griffin Indiana 19
Changelog 1.1.0.0: Released *thumbsup*
-Changed map features description
-Custom crop textures added
-Bushes all Season Ready
-Trees now all Seasons ready
-Trees around main farm can be cut
-Trees on all farms and buyable lot in town can be cut
-Trees in Forestry area can all be cut
-Fixed various floating trees
-Fixed "Terrain cannot be deformed here" when using landscape mode and placables
-Added paintable bush and five decofoilage for landscape mode
-Snow mask now removed if main farm buildings sold
-Junk back of Easy Shed on main farm can be Sold
-All workshop decorations can now be sold with workshop
-Added Workshop Mod and Junk store image
-Adjusted ambient sounds
-Bga land price reduced
-Widened BGA entrance
-Widened main farm white fence openings
-Buckley Farm now purchasable with field 9
-Field 9 and Main Farm price reduced
-Adjusted Farmland border between fields 2 & 11
-Fixed West map border wall
-Fixed T junction road texture
-Reduced slot count
-Lengthen train
-New Save Required

Changelog 1.1.1.0: Self Testing :search:
-New American road textures
-Town is now buyable (Need price suggestions)
-Fixed vehicle traffic collision
-Fixed sign by field 1 collision
-Increased train map transit interval time
-Added & adjusted ambient sounds
-Added few props
-Extensive foliage work in forest
-Foliage work along east border
-New save required only for foliage work
-Old save safe

Seasons GEO: Griffin Indiana 19- Giants Console testing :search:
Last edited by ajFarmer on Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
jmin23

Re: Griffin Indiana 19 Map Creator In Need of Input

Post by jmin23 »

HI Ajfarmer

Just to add the southern edge of the map overlaps into field 21 and probably the other fields along this edge(on console PS4), so when you are trying to plough, you hit the map edge before the edge of the field..

In other words you can only use about 3/4 of the field as the rest is beyond the map edge.

Also you have a Give way graphic on the north end of the main road is on the wrong side (in real life google image there is no give way/stop sign at all)

Really like the design and feel of it for me it gives the feel of Lone Oak and Welker Farms condensed - well done on the design.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm no way am expert here and not even on PC. But I'm seeing more and more maps with custom crop textures and it runs fine on my old gen PS4. I've played over 700hrs on Welker map with the textures including the soybean one...never had a issue yet. Great map, close to home...add the textures and I'll delete Welker 👍👍
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Alcarin75

Post by Alcarin75 »

Some observations.

Please adjust the fields that are located on the edges of the map. That causes that it is not possible to work in all its extension (And also not being able to put placeables) From what I have read they exceed the limit of the map.

I am a Console Player. I think that by selling the buildings the number of slots is good. But if the slots can be reduced, it will always be good. 500 slots (actually is good, for me)

Incorporating custom textures (crop and terrain) would make the map the best FS19 American map.

Lowering the cost of BGA would be great too. (Personal preference).

About the wooden building that is located in the large pasture area (next to the main farm) Being able to make it a freestanding placeable and being able to have it on ModHub would also be formidable. It is a beautiful building.

And I have a question. Does your map have a weather Geo integrated?

I really hope other modders can support it to be able to make the small adjustments it requires.

Sorry if I have made too many comments (requests). But really your map, it's the map you were waiting for in FS19.

Thanks for fixing the buried trees on the main farm!

And he reiterated. Congratulations *thumbsup* on your great work.
I like to learn from everyone.
PS4 Player
Griffin Indiana Best Map
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

jmin23 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:09 pm HI Ajfarmer

Just to add the southern edge of the map overlaps into field 21 and probably the other fields along this edge(on console PS4), so when you are trying to plough, you hit the map edge before the edge of the field..

In other words you can only use about 3/4 of the field as the rest is beyond the map edge.

Also you have a Give way graphic on the north end of the main road is on the wrong side (in real life google image there is no give way/stop sign at all)

Really like the design and feel of it for me it gives the feel of Lone Oak and Welker Farms condensed - well done on the design.
I think the confusion is the Farmland is owned all the way to edge but that Field is not plowed all the way to edge .Make sure you Allow Create Fields L1/Triangle on PS4 Controller. As You can see in screen shots there is no overlap in Farmland in editor and I am able to plough all of the Farmland to the edge. The Green Field is 21. Sorry about the Give way markers did not mean to offend our British cousins :mrgreen: . I may not be able to fix that unless I find other road textures that I like and are small file size. Thank you for the input

ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Alcarin75 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:51 pm Some observations.

Please adjust the fields that are located on the edges of the map. That causes that it is not possible to work in all its extension (And also not being able to put placeables) From what I have read they exceed the limit of the map.

I am a Console Player. I think that by selling the buildings the number of slots is good. But if the slots can be reduced, it will always be good. 500 slots (actually is good, for me)

Incorporating custom textures (crop and terrain) would make the map the best FS19 American map.

Lowering the cost of BGA would be great too. (Personal preference).

About the wooden building that is located in the large pasture area (next to the main farm) Being able to make it a freestanding placeable and being able to have it on ModHub would also be formidable. It is a beautiful building.

And I have a question. Does your map have a weather Geo integrated?

I really hope other modders can support it to be able to make the small adjustments it requires.

Sorry if I have made too many comments (requests). But really your map, it's the map you were waiting for in FS19.

Thanks for fixing the buried trees on the main farm!

And he reiterated. Congratulations *thumbsup* on your great work.
I am defiantly all in on custom textures.
I had the BGA high just for realism but obviously this is just a relaxation game. What price would you suggest would be Fair?
I may add the building as placeable if again it doesn't add to much to file size. It should not as I used all of Giants props in the in game editor to create it.
I am all ready testing weather GEO for it will release as soon as map is sorted.
Never to many comments, Thanks for input
Alcarin75

Post by Alcarin75 »

Being a real map, a real city (with an interesting story, I read about it and looked for it on Google Maps) and to preserve the realism since it is a really big structure.

My suggestion would be $ 500 thousand, which is the maximum price that the bank can lend you in the game (But only a personal preference).

Greetings!
PS4 Player
Griffin Indiana Best Map
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Update-
New Crop Textures finished and frame rate on my end is same if not better *thumbsup*
Changed BGA to $500,000

I did some digging on Console slot count and found that my original upload that I have on my computer is showing only 1 slot count each for Farm Shed,Farm Garage, Farm Shack, Easy Shed, and Farm House. When I downloaded from Giants ModHub and extracted the file and run TestRunner
it shows the high Slot Count and after looking at xmls from those buildings vertexBufferMemoryUsage,indexBufferMemoryUsage,and textureMemoryUsage have been changed on downloaded version. So a bit confused of the problem

My Original Uploaded File

Giants ModHub download
Alcarin75

Post by Alcarin75 »

New Crop Textures will bring congratulations to many people in the community. And I'm sure there will be no performance loss (consoles).

The price reduction of BGA is great news. Thank you for accepting the request.

I hope the people at Giants can help you, regarding that strange increase in slots in those buildings.

I'll stay tuned for your updates and advances. Greetings.
PS4 Player
Griffin Indiana Best Map
lawm

Post by lawm »

The big green pasture across from main yard and along top.of map.....how hard is it to create fields within those areas? Still keep them grass planted fields but that way if you purchase, you dont need to plow to create an actual field. I use workers and starting off prefer letting them mow and rake while I set up the farm yard. But right now I am manually plowing them to start. On the flip side do not change the layout of the forest or anything if you would consider this idea. I have no idea how creating fields works when modding lol

Other than that idea my only.....how should I say.....my only "annoyance" is that engine humming nose sound that is near the animal dealer but I can hear at the farm yard when it's making that sound.

If you cant do the grass field I'll rent a big tractor and plow them myself, if you add custom textures, you will please many console american players lol.

I'm curious how you got into modding maps and did such a thoroughly detailed job on your first one? It's like you lurked on here for years and took notes of what a lot of ppl have been wanting for just about forever on 19.

Thanks again!!!
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@lawm
I lowered that humming sound, and actually moved it far off the edge of map so it should be way better. I almost deleted it by I actually farm a little in RL and that's what you hear when you step out of a cab. (Im almost ready for update so let me know)and if it needs to be changed again its a easy fix that will not break other players saves.
I got into making the map because I could never find a map that I thought captured the small town American farm feel.I drive by Griffin a lot and thought it was perfect town for it. I started on it over two years ago and actually learned as went, of course that was on in off when I had time. I suggest multiple PC monitors :biggrin2:
I spent so much time on making the map that I rarely played on it because I knew it wasn't finished and I did not want to Bugger my save.
By the way my 9 year old daughter was first and only Tester before release, She loved it but hated the clutter in the Main Farm house.
Sorry the field across the street you will have to keep that plough sharp :mrgreen:
Thanks a million for feed the feed back
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

Great looking map. Love Indiana!

Will the added custom crop textures require a new save game?

And what would be really nice, would be moving the reset point to the main farm. This would help with delivering new machinery on console.
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@RunsLikeADeere
Textures should not break save, But the trees will cause doubles and originals will remain. Sorry for this. Hopefully last update for long time as I am ready to play on it. I don't want to move reset area because it is centrally located and some people may not start on Main Farm. You could use Delivery or CoursePlay Mod if available on console. pick them up on Giants ModHub. Thanks for the feedback.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@jmin23
I fixed road texture for now until I can find replacement that's not 50mb
jmin23

Post by jmin23 »

Fantastic thank you for the quick fixes