Missing Mods Folder (Mac OS)

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
rcayce

Missing Mods Folder (Mac OS)

Post by rcayce »

I purchased FS 19 directly from the developer website (not the App Store) and I don't have the same folders that I see in the library for 99% of the modding tutorials. I've downloaded a bunch of mods but have nowhere to place them. This location (~/Library/Containers/com.astragon.farmingsim201X/Data/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator201X/mods) does not exist. There is nothing for FS19 under the Application Support folder either. Can anyone please help? Thanks!
don_apple

Re: Missing Mods Folder (Mac OS)

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Please have a look at the following post which provides some tips for installing mods: viewtopic.php?f=987&t=174981

Among other things there is also a link to instructions on how to find the FarmingSimulator folder for various versions of the game.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
rcayce

Post by rcayce »

Thanks for sharing the link to the other post. Based on the version I have, there should be a Farming Simulator 19 folder inside the Application Support folder in the Library. As I mentioned, that folder does not exist. Can I simply create the folder myself and put the mod files in there?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

No, this usually won't work.

Have you actually run the game already? If yes, and it is running without errors then the FarmingSimulator2019 folder has already been created by the game itself and you should be able to find it.

As mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=987&t=174977 the path to the FarmingSimulator2019 folder for the version bought directly from the developer website is the following ('/Users/<your username>' is the 'home directory' of the user you are logged in on your Mac (the one where the Documents, Pictures, Music, etc. folders are stored)):

Code: Select all

/Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2019
Here is a screenshot showing the location of the FarmingSimulator2019 folder on my Mac:
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
rcayce

Post by rcayce »

I think I know the issue now...I installed the game under my kids' profile on the Mac so I bet that is where the issue is...I'm probably looking at the incorrect "library" for the user profile. I will go check! Thank you!!
rcayce

Post by rcayce »

Unfortunately, I've checked all 3 profiles on my Mac (Admin, Kids & Jamie) and none showing the Farming Simulator folder within the Application Support folder. My son has been playing the game already and we've been able to download and use mods the the game's own Mod area. Any other suggestions? Is there a way to search for this folder across all profiles or something?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

If you have been playing the game already and installed mod using the in-game ModHub then the FarmingSimulator2019 folder definitely already exists.

But as far as I know it is unfortunately not possible to search for the FarmingSimulator2019 folder from the macOS desktop (the 'Finder'), since the 'Library' folder where it is located is considered a 'system folder' by macOS, and therefore it is excluded when searching.

Therefore the only possible way to find the right folder is to manually look through each and every folder in your users home directory until you find it.

Maybe you can try to create a screenshot from the finder window showing your users 'Library/Application Support' folder similar to the one I've posted above and post it here (see viewtopic.php?f=852&t=88819 for instructions on how to post images on this forum). This way I might be able to see if you are really looking in the right location (please keep in mind the there are actually multiple 'Library/Application Support' folders on macOS, and not all of them ar ein the users home folders).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

In the Finder on your Mac, click the Go menu in the menu bar.

Press and hold the Option (Alt) key, then choose Library.

You are now in the correct Library folder.
simonthescot

Post by simonthescot »

I'm on mac and found this so tedious to workout!

Firstly, to see the 'mods' folder, I needed to reveal hidden folders, by toggling 'Command + shift + .' (The 3rd input key is the full stop)

Then I could navigate in Finder:
userid
-> Library
-> Application Support
-> FarmingSimulator2019
-> mods
And that's where I placed my downloaded mod files.

Then toggle 'Command + shift + .' to go back to not seeing hidden files in Finder.

Hope that's helpful :)