Trigger location incorrect for cow feed and straw

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
JLynch1511

Trigger location incorrect for cow feed and straw

Post by JLynch1511 »

Hi all, I'm having some trouble feeding and putting straw down for cows. I'm playing on the "Newpark Farm" mod map. When I go to the correct locations to feed/blow straw, I don't get the prompt to begin overloading and can't manually command it to either.

There is a cow husbandary placeable embedded into the map. I've examined the i3d file and the triggers for the straw and food appear to be in the correct places. When looking at the trigger zones in 'F5' mode with dev console while in the map, it also appears the trigger areas are defined correctly (or rather, there are trigger areas where I expect there to be). However, when inside these areas with a feeder or blower, nothing happens, making me think that the game isn't assigning the correct actions to these triggers.

Any clues? My current thinking is that either the trigger areas aren't being assigned the right attributes, or that there's a global offset somewhere throwing everything off. Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.
Eische

Re: Trigger location incorrect for cow feed and straw

Post by Eische »

Do you already have animals in that pen? Triggers become active only if animals are there.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
TheGazbeard

Re: Trigger location incorrect for cow feed and straw

Post by TheGazbeard »

Eische wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:16 am Do you already have animals in that pen? Triggers become active only if animals are there.
The same problem exists on the Gatehead Farm map - with or without animals the straw triggers do not appear and do not activate.

I'm wondering if there's a common template placeable in use that's borking the straw triggers.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard