Creating Mods Using Maya

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
thomasjohnkane94

Creating Mods Using Maya

Post by thomasjohnkane94 »

Hi,

I want to create my own using maya, i am designing irish roads just to pass the time using Autodesk Maya. I can import it into the Giant editor, but when i load the game itself, the mod doesn't be there. I am using the latest verison of Giant Editor and the platinum verison of the Farming Simulator 19. I looked at videos on youtube on this but i cant get the right one, all i can see is how to design a mod and not actually how to import it to the game. Or maybe i have no i3d mapping on the mods resulting it to be unable to load it into the game but cant figure it out either .

I would appreciate if you could help me with this issue, or maybe it cant be done.

kinds regards

tj
s8080t

Re: Creating Mods Using Maya

Post by s8080t »

I'd recommend you have a look at other mods (from Modhub) to see how they are structured.

Every mod needs at least a modDesc.xml, a your-mod.xml, the .i3d (and .i3d.shapes) and the texture files along with the icon, brand logo (if not included in the base game) and store image.

First approach is always to have a look at the log.txt (located next to your mods folder) and see if there are warnings or errors preventing the mod form being loaded.
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter