Submitting mod to modhub

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BtGio99

Submitting mod to modhub

Post by BtGio99 »

So I have created my own mod, passed every test with the tool, no errors in the log file, no errors during gameplay of min 30 minutes.. Sent to the modhub, got it tested, changed to "console testing" and now I have it back saying:

"We’re sorry but your mod does not fit our ModHub platform and will not be published by us. Thank you for understanding."

I wonder what could be wrong with it.. Physics are ok in giants editor, no errors no shaders.. It's a small market place to buy sell and storage too.. Maybe it's not detailed enough? Zip file is only 0.60MB.. Maybe they want it bigger? I got no feedback on why it's not ok.. When I used to submit it, they'd say "this is wrong, fix please. This is also wrong fix it please".. Now nothing.. Just wondering what's wrong.. Carefully read the modhub guidelines too.. Every line of their pdf fits my mod.. Maybe someone more expert can help me? :hmm:

https://imgur.com/gallery/LjPKFsJ
norfolk farmer

Re: Submitting mod to modhub

Post by norfolk farmer »

Doesn' t sound like an issue with the mod itself but more a case of not what they are looking for, what type of mod is it?
BtGio99

Post by BtGio99 »

A selling placeable building, a buying placeable building, a 250k capacity silo building.. All 3 in an old style market shop, with lights and signs. So now I have to find something that they want to publish, rather than what could be useful and varied to the gameplay? I mean all those "useless" mod on the modhub, I don't think it's nice to explicitly name them, but I guess most of people know what I'm talking about.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

A couple of screenshots could help fathom the reasons for refusal.
BtGio99

Post by BtGio99 »

don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Since you mention "console testing": does the mod contain any scripts that add functionality that is not in the game itself? If yes then it won't be possible to publish the mod on the console versions, because mods containing such scripts aren't allowed on the consoles.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
BtGio99

Post by BtGio99 »

Nono, not a single script, I barely started making mod lol. Just normal functions in the xml (selling station, buying station, silo). I only added some lights, I don't think that's something not in the game.. And no shaders or weird textures, the textures I used are purely in game ones.
s8080t

Post by s8080t »

Best you can do is to open a ticket within modhub and kindly ask for their reasons. Everything else is just guessing.
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter