New fruitTypeConverter on mower specialization does not work

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
XPModder

New fruitTypeConverter on mower specialization does not work

Post by XPModder »

Hello,
I am currently making a special harvester for harvesting onions on mod maps.
Due to the way the harvester works (it puts the onions on to the field behind itself and not into an internal tank), I am creating it as a mower.
A normal mower of cause cannot harvest onions, so I created a small lua script that allows me to add a fruitTypes.xml, which will be loaded in addition to the original file from the map. This allows me to add a new fruitTypeConverter that basically just converts from onions to onions.

I verified that the script is actually working and the new fruitTypeConverter gets loaded correctly. I also verified that the fruittype index and filltype index that the game gets from reading the file are correct.

In the xml file for my mod I have a mower section where I specified the name for the new fruitTypeConverter.
Unfortunately the mod does not work. It just doesn't harvest anything.

I verified that the problem is really the fruitTypeConverter by changing it to the default "MOWER", after which the mod works for cutting grass.

Why does it not work with my neww fruitTypeConverter?

Here is the fruitTypeConverter:

Code: Select all

<fruitTypeConverter name="ONIONHARVESTER">
       <converter from="ONION"             to="ONION"         factor="1.0" windrowFactor="1.0" />
</fruitTypeConverter>
And this is the beginning of the mower section in the mods xml file:

Code: Select all

<mower fruitTypeConverter="ONIONHARVESTER">
As I said, changing "ONIONHARVESTER" to "MOWER" makes the mod work for cutting grass, like a normal mower...

I just can't find any reason for this not working...
Das Universum ist unvorstellbar groß und wir sind im Vergleich dazu winzig.

Daher kann mir jemand der unter uns Winzlingen Unterschiede in Hautfarbe oder Herkunft sucht, nur Leid tun, weil seine Sichtweise so begrenzt ist!

Fremdenfeindlichkeit ist Menschenfeindlichkeit!
lincsfarmer

Re: New fruitTypeConverter on mower specialization does not work

Post by lincsfarmer »

hi xpm was you able to get this to work ? i have been trying to add a shovel node to a grimme varitron to pick them up after but havent been able to do this , havent been into modding for long have looked at videos and looked through the internet but carnt find anything to help , hope you got yours to work. LF