Navmesh cows

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
michaelj15

Navmesh cows

Post by michaelj15 »

Hello all.

Just a quick question, maybe someone knows if this is possible.

I am adjusting the cow pasture of an existing map, because it is not quite to my liking.
Now I've got everything working with the NAVmesh. I only run into the problem that only once in a while a cow walks into the barn. Is it possible to adjust this so that half of the cows are in the pasture and the other in the barn?

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by michaelj15 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eische

Re: Navmesh cows

Post by Eische »

Unfortunately not. The navmesh needs to be connected as one piece.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The only option would be to have two entirely seperate navmeshes one for the pasture and one for the barn, ensuring that they do not overlap as this will lead to animals freezing.
Or you could have two seperate navmeshes one for a section of pasture to barn door 1 and the other for a seperate section of pasture to barn door 2 that way the cows movement from pasture to barn would look more natural, again ensuring no overlap of navmeshes.
michaelj15

Post by michaelj15 »

Allright, i will try it. Thanks a lot!
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Also bear in mind that if using two separate navmeshes you will need a separate feeds,water, manure and slurry for each navmesh
michaelj15

Post by michaelj15 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:09 pm Also bear in mind that if using two separate navmeshes you will need a separate feeds,water, manure and slurry for each navmesh
Just placed those ;) Works like a charm :)
Is it also possible to enlarge the numbers of walking cows in a navmesh? I got 68 cows and only 24 are walking in the navmesh.
Don't know if fs2019 has a script or xml to change this?
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The only scripts I am aware of regarding animals is these two

viewtopic.php?t=144184 -------- to increase number of animals overall

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=123270 ----- increases number of animal placeables from 10 to 32

I believe the number of animals visible used to be controlled by the carryingCapacity value in the xml but it seems in FS19 the number of animals visible in any one navmesh has been limited to max of 24 probably for fps/performance reasons
michaelj15

Post by michaelj15 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:30 pm The only scripts I am aware of regarding animals is these two

viewtopic.php?t=144184 -------- to increase number of animals overall

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=123270 ----- increases number of animal placeables from 10 to 32

I believe the number of animals visible used to be controlled by the carryingCapacity value in the xml but it seems in FS19 the number of animals visible in any one navmesh has been limited to max of 24 probably for fps/performance reasons
Thanks for the reply. I have read the forum topics already ;) Doesn't really matter if it's not possible. I'm happy with the way I have it now ;)
*thumbsup*