Placeable Mod Door Collisions

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Ti-Kati

Placeable Mod Door Collisions

Post by Ti-Kati »

Hello!

I have created my first mod for FS19, a placeable shed with animated doors, and I cannot seem to get the collisions on the doors to work.

I originally set them as kinematic rigid bodies with the "ff" collision mask and the "collision" checkbox checked. The problem I was experiencing was that you could walk through the doors, and there would be some random collisions popping up on the sides of the building to the left and right of the front doors, and in the open area that the front doors would uncover when you opened them. I also found that if you opened each door and closed them again, the next time you opened them all the weird collisions were gone and you could no longer walk through them. I had a feeling that wouldn't work for the ModHub, so I tried something else.

I set the doors to static with the same collision mask as before and the "collision" checkbox checked. The collisions all worked great, but I got multiple errors in the log saying this: "Warning (physics): Static actor moved (*object name from i3d would be here*)".

I knew that wouldn't work for the ModHub, so I tried a bunch of other things, such as making the transform group the doors were in static, then compound, and then making the doors kinematic and compound childs of the transform group (the transform group and the doors had the "ff" collision mask). I also tried different collision masks, making copies of the doors that were for collisions only, etc.

Nothing worked right, and now I am completely lost on how to make the collisions on the doors work.

Any help would be very much appreciated, as I am a new modder to the scene.

Thanks,
Blake