What mods do people want in Farming Simulator 22?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
JamesDolan2008

What mods do people want in Farming Simulator 22?

Post by JamesDolan2008 »

Lets be honest, modders have made Farming Simulator the game it has grown to today. But my question to you is, what mods does the community want for the next game? Including the console players.
eric21

Re: What mods do people want in Farming Simulator 22?

Post by eric21 »

I don't know yet
KMullins

Post by KMullins »

Old Iron. Old Pickups, tractors, combines.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Seasons not just "seasonal cycles"
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Seeing the latest fact sheet friday and this, I'd love to be able to create ski tracks for passive income. :wink3:
VoiD

Post by VoiD »

I'm more interested in things that will affect the gameplay and enhance the user interface, so I'll stay away from things like vehicles, implements, and buildings. I also don't know if everything I'm listing is even possible, but I have seen some fancy stuff in FS19, so I'm hopeful.

Interface mods:

Better Minimap from FS17 - https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
The FS19 minimap isn't nearly as useful as it could be, and I think most people often have to press Escape to look at the larger, slower, non-live map in order to check on various things. I played FS17 after FS19 and I was surprised that the FS19 minimap hadn't been updated with the mod's functionality.

The Escape menu full-screen map should be live, instead of requiring the player to escape out again, or switch to another tab to get it to update.

A better keybind menu. My modded game has ~375 keybinds listed... Putting every one into a single, enormous list is very frustrating to deal with. Categories need to be added and the game should allow mods to create their own categories. I would love to have different, labeled sections for the base game, CoursePlay, FollowMe, AutoDrive, Miscellaneous, etc.

Regarding keybinds, allow the player to check/un-check keybinds they wish or do not wish to see in the F1 help menu. Most of the standard keybinds are easy to memorize and they never need to be shown in the menu. I would like to quickly choose what keybinds to show in the menu.

Include the ability to Undo an action after placing a prefab, or when painting/sculpting the terrain.

Gameplay mods:

Only allow vehicles to reach their maximum speed on paved roads. A semi doing 80kph on a road? Sounds good. 80kph through a freshly plowed field? Not so much.

More vehicle damage. Increased vehicle wear when exceeding it's specifications. We've all used a 180hp tractor to pull a plow that requires 250hp, and we should pay the price for it rather than just plow at a slower speed. The vehicle could experience rapid, excessive wear, or perhaps a full breakdown that requires a tow to a shop or on-site service. For more shenanigans for heavily worn vehicles, a trailer could randomly detach from the tractor, a front weight can fall off, seeds and fertilizer could fall out of planters, etc. Cause extra damage when you come to a sudden stop while over 10kph, ramping up to terminal vehicle damage at 60kph.

Trailers spill their contents if the driver flips the tractor/trailer.

I think I'll stop here before I get too ridiculous with silly ideas =)
chrismikeneagu

Post by chrismikeneagu »

More Romanian tractors and tools, for consoles of course.
CptTractor

Post by CptTractor »

Multiplayer mouse steering and 70's to 90's tractors, 70 series IH Case, Deere 55 series, 2+2 IH 88 series, and similar. Maybe a NH 65 harvester or older deere or case.
coolfarmer

Post by coolfarmer »

I would want a mod/script that extends the time of the trailer's dumping. Dumping is too fast, I want more realism. 150% more slow could be nice!
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

are you on pc or console? If youre on pc you can easily modify how fast things dump or unload. If youre on console then that would require a script mod that is restricted
Playing on PC and PS4
Willbobber

Post by Willbobber »

coolfarmer wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:27 am I would want a mod/script that extends the time of the trailer's dumping. Dumping is too fast, I want more realism. 150% more slow could be nice!
You can alter that in the trailer xml. It would need to be done with each xml without a script.
You could always set about writing a global script for it.
I did once think of looking at a script to tip trailers by way of a joystick. A bit like the cultivator mod from FS19.
GodfleshNL

Post by GodfleshNL »

The mods I would love to see the most in FS22:

- FENDT 108LS TURBOMATIK
- FENDT 309 LSA TURBOMATIK <--- my oldtime favorite!
- FENDT 615 LSA FAVORIT

- JAMES BROWN 1690
- FORD 7710
- FIAT 450

Yes... I love FENDT tractors.

Basicly older models of tractors. New models tractors are awesome...but I would love to see older / classic stuff.
xXxDarkGhostxXx

Post by xXxDarkGhostxXx »

I would love a mod to change contract rewards. In FS19 they were decent and now with the rewards in FS22 they kind of feel pointless. Especially for beginner farmers with small equiptment.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Mostly gameplay right now:

- Easy Dev Tools
- Ability to change helper pay rate
- Lumberjack mod
- Autoload trailers for logs, ballets and bales
- GPS
Boer-Muis

Post by Boer-Muis »

realistic pallet size

full pallets (2m-ish high) instead of alot of them with only 12-16 boxes on it