What mods do people want in Farming Simulator 22?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
QuickBrick

Re: What mods do people want in Farming Simulator 22?

Post by QuickBrick »

I'd love to see a much wider stone picker with a touch of increased speed.

I thought they were including Precision Farming in FS22. Thought I had read that somewhere.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

QuickBrick wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:27 am

I thought they were including Precision Farming in FS22. Thought I had read that somewhere.
Not in the basegame, Spring next year I believe was mentioned.
dwightschrute

Post by dwightschrute »

Challenger 1000 series and axle mount duals in a variety of tire widths.
PunkWoody

Post by PunkWoody »

On the PS5, that tree deleter from FS19 and bigger plows, something that actually uses a 650hp+ tractor.
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

The great Steiger Tiger IV, 525hp, from 1985
Would pay for that! If i could only get my FS22 unstuck :/
go1tiger

Post by go1tiger »

I'd like to see some Gleaner Combines.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I want to be able to mow the non-farm grass. Like the grass on the highway median. Maybe in a contract.

I miss stealing neighbors' grass in FS17.
TheWizardofSoda

Post by TheWizardofSoda »

a macdon modpack with all variations of fd75(30', 35', 40', 45') fd1(fd125, fd130, fd135, fd140, fd145) and fd2(fd230, fd235, fd240, fd241, fd245, fd250). please for the love of god if someone makes this please add all the performance options.
johnj

Post by johnj »

The one thing that would make my life easier and more enjoyable is an autoload trailer for logs. Seems autoload for everything except this.
Itchydngleberry89

Post by Itchydngleberry89 »

New Holland stack cruiser and a hay squeeze. USA hay equipment would be greatly appreciated!
Nova1990

Post by Nova1990 »

More Placeable trees that works with a harvester because it takes way too long to grow them, i know that the game has pine as placeable but i want spruce too, weird that they didnt include them too
BillyMais

Post by BillyMais »

A global player trigger that makes you control front and back lifter from outside the tractor when standing near, just like manual attach! :D
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server
FarmerJamie

Post by FarmerJamie »

Personally I want a mod that allows us to slow maintenance and paint wear on things. They're just too fast for the equipment. My roller, cultivators, and other gear are fine but having to pay $3000+ in repairs every other month is making the game difficult without the government subsidy mod.

Other mods I'd like to see but are things I think Giants should have done to begin with rather than force a specific gameplay style because they wanted to:
1) Lower greenhouse water usage. Seriously I used to grow over 100 hot pepper plants in a greenhouse the size of the medium one in game and I didn't use half the water these wasteful monsters do.. and I live in what is basically a desert.
2) Cheaper Olive and Grape rows. It should not cost that much for fence posts and wire.
3) Buy/Sell more chickens. They stop producing after a while so you have to sell them off and buy new stock or do what I am doing now and let them breed in to fill your vacancies while selling the older ones, keeping them rotated. It'd be nice if it wasn't so tedious only being able to buy or sell them 60 at a time. Alternately a mod that manages them for you would be great as well.
4) Auto-sell animal products. Seriously every other production chain item lets you store/sell/distribute. It should be like that on the animal products, too.
5) More profits from chains. Sometimes the margin just doesn't make buying the building worth it. The prices of produced goods should always be worth the time. Currently most chains just aren't worth doing due to the massive time investment only to get a 5-10% margin. Especially with painfully slow producers like furniture where you need like 10 factories just to use up the wood production of a single sawmill. So unbalanced.
6) Auto in/out pallet sheds and warehouses that can take products out and spawn them back out when needed. They had these in FS19 but there's a ton more now and there should be reefer warehouses for vegetable and other spoilable goods with physically visible and interactable warehouse shelves (for the few crazy people who like forklift driving)
7) Alcohol production. Beer (multiple types based on crop, add Hopps), Wine (grapes), Rum (Sugarcane), Whiskey (Corn), Vodka (Potatoes), Mead (Honey), and Vinegar (Grapes) Some of which should have the appropriate aging warehouses (Vinegar into balsamic style, aged whiskeys and scotch (would have to figure out how to add a peat farm for true scotch). There can be barrel making added to the lumber mill as a small craft factory (we had that in 19).
8) The video games as mini-games (maybe giants can run a contest for aspiring game devs to try to make each cartridge as a real game and the best can be voted on to be actually put into the game as mini games.
9) More greenhouse options. (Hot pepper and green pepper cultivars, herbs and spices maybe to make gin in the above alcohol section)
10) A way to sample fields and produce seeds using a Lab building that will add a bonus to the harvest if you use the best seeds from each previous harvest. (Because to heck with Monsanto)
11) Grid snapping in build mode, nuff said.
12) rather than maintenance, a chance of breakdown. A tractor or implement breaks down suddenly. (we already pay a monthly maintenance on many equipment so why are we paying maintenance on top of it.) If it's a newer model piece of kit then parts and availability should be within a month, vintage equipment maybe 3 months to get parts? Low percentage chance of it happening in any given year but still a snag to deal with when it does happen. Should have a breakdown on average once every 36 months assuming you are keeping the equipment fully maintained. Once it his 0 on the maintenance meter, though it's guaranteed a breakdown will occur. (will need some deft balancing given my top unnumbered pick)
13) Hoof trimming as a regular expense/activity with a hired/self trimmer and crushes and all that. Could even be a mini-game. (Sorry been watching The Hoof GP on youtube and it's a part of husbandry most people don't think too much about.)

TL/DR some of this is stuff we had in 19 I'll just have to wait for, some of it is stuff we may be able to get with production chains being part of the codebase now, some of it requires massive work. Any aspiring modders want to check it out I will help with QA and whatever else I can with but I am neither programmer nor artist. At least not with this type of stuff. I mostly did work on material texturing in the past. Maybe some good ideas at least?
BillyMais

Post by BillyMais »

FarmerJamie wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:37 am Personally I want a mod that allows us to slow maintenance and paint wear on things. (...)
Try this: LS22_IMPROVEDREPAIRCOSTS 0.2.0.0 (Forbidden-Mods)
You can open its LUA file with text editor and change the values to your likings. It just works fine for both, repairing and repainting. Or I got you wrong.
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server
Eldaviido

Post by Eldaviido »

A mod where you can buy pallets of grapes / strawberries etc. for productions on maps with e.g. cold climates that wouldn't realistically be able to produce them! This would be very useful...