Tutorial - create your own effectUnload meshes

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
LUIZ EDUARDO - CM

Tutorial - create your own effectUnload meshes

Post by LUIZ EDUARDO - CM »

Hello everybody, How are you?
A few days ago I devoted time to learning how to create meshes for unloading purposes, I felt a huge difficulty in supports, so now that I've learned it I think it's right to teach the community, this can be productive for future Mods.

demonstrative image

Modeling

Create your mesh in the shape you want, imagine it exactly as the fertilizer cascade you want, but remember to keep Polycont low. Also delete unnecessary faces, eg red lines.

Mapping
Now you will need to work on your mesh, we need to understand that it is a texture that will run over this mesh, you need to cut its edge for mapping in a non-visible area, alias keep your mesh open in the direction of the arrow below, as the texture runs in this mesh sense! finally create a second UVset1 and transfer the data to it, just like you do with Decals, so we assign information to the object.

Movement and neutrality

Have you noticed that the mesh moves? it expands and contracts, now you'll know what must be done to make it happen! alias see in the GIF example below the difference from one mesh to another.

https://gifyu.com/image/PbPM

Use the vertex painter to allow expansion and contraction to happen, alias use it also to keep neutral, white color is maximum expansion and contraction while black color is just no expansion and contraction. Even use the smooth brush to create a gradient for the object, you can get smooth movement with grayer colors, they usually fit better.

Normalmap Tangent

You will need to add a new material for this object, create a phong material with the following name default_mat, in the Bump field add your normalmap as tangent, use the default_normal.dds file found in the

Code: Select all

C directory: \Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2019\data\shared

Export Plugin i3d

You need to export this object to Giants Editor through your I3D plugin, first you will Freeze your model, use Freeze transformation, after Freezar you will Freeze to Pivot in the I3D plugin, this will define the new xyz transformations for the object , look at the image below:

Next you will select Load to load the project, keep the preset as Default, keep its clipdistance as 300, keep it exactly like the screenshot below, then you will click apply to assign the settings.You can now export your model to an i3D.

Inside Giants Editor

Open your exported file, select the object and go to Shape in the Attributes tab, keep the following fields filled in as below, and make sure you have the normalmap added to the object.

Ingame

Well, now you can proceed with your ingame, just add the object's index in your xml and enjoy your new mesh for Farming Simulator 19.

Guys, I tried to bring you a material that I certainly had a lot of difficulty in learning, as we don't have much information about it, my language is Brazilian Portuguese, I hope you understand

Tags:

unloading , effectunload, attributes, particles, mesh
Luiz Eduardo
Fundador - Proprietário
email: contato@connectmodding.com