Foliage layers

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
strauts6

Foliage layers

Post by strauts6 »

So i started to convert my map to 22. grle and gdm files work but layers are mixed up. I get mushrooms instead of grass, wheat for flowers, soybeans for bushes and so on.
Is there an fast and easy fix for this?
wiseguy49

Re: Foliage layers

Post by wiseguy49 »

Scroll down to <FoliageMultiLayer section where it lists the foliages. Compare the order of this with the map you are converting. For instance if grass is the second one listed in the original, make it the second listed one on the new one. The order matters and the density Fruit file will match them up.

You may want to also change the numChannels , numTypeIndexChannels and compressionChannels to match your map too

Now if you can figure out what format the ground textures need to be in... IE if I want to add another gravel texture... what format to the diffuse and normals need to be in? LMK
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Opening one of the terrain textures (mapUs/textures/terrain) in Visual Studio lists the format as DXGI_FORMAT_BC7_UNORM size 1024 x1024, mip maps 9, 8 bits per pixel Transparent selecion box ticked.
Nvidia texture tools only give one BC7 format (though I have three listed in the dropdown which appear to be all the same) whereas Visual Studio has two, DXGI_FORMAT_BC7_UNORM , DXGI_FORMAT_BC7_UNORM_SRGB

So you could try Visual Studio and see what happens
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Visual Studio won't work either, but thanks for the suggestion!
blacktop01_diffuse.dds' (BC7) has undefined channel count, assuming 3 channels.
blacktop01_diffuse.png' doesn't match the image properties of the other layers.
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

wiseguy49 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:54 pm Scroll down to <FoliageMultiLayer section where it lists the foliages. Compare the order of this with the map you are converting. For instance if grass is the second one listed in the original, make it the second listed one on the new one. The order matters and the density Fruit file will match them up.

You may want to also change the numChannels , numTypeIndexChannels and compressionChannels to match your map too
Thanks man! Totally worked!
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

Moving forward, any good tip on how to get trees back but use fs22 trees?
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Import the old trees, making sure everything works. Then import 1 of the new ones. Go to I think it’s under Edit and replace. Click on the old one and then the new one for replacing.

You’d have to do it for each tree type but it’s also super quick !
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

wiseguy49 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:33 pm Import the old trees, making sure everything works. Then import 1 of the new ones. Go to I think it’s under Edit and replace. Click on the old one and then the new one for replacing.

You’d have to do it for each tree type but it’s also super quick !
Thanks for reply, but allready did that and it was super quick.