Placable objects to build your own map

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
erwinsiuda

Placable objects to build your own map

Post by erwinsiuda »

There are a lot of people who wish to build/make their own map like me but getting into modding is really overwhelming and ends up as a failure after watching a few tutorials on how to start modding.
But thankfully giants have made very nice advanced building mode.

I thought if we can place fences in build mode just like drawing a line maybe some modder could create streets of different sorts just by replacing those fences with the 3d street model? Wonder if that's going to work? and then all the junctions as static placeable objects like sheds etc.

I imagined creating a map of my own completely from scratch. Many of you probably remember "No Mans Land" would be extra awesome to start from scratch and be able to place all placeables buildings, homes, fences, streets and all objects existing in the original maps.
I wish I could create a 4x size map or even bigger just build it all by myself in-game build mode without using giants editor.
jitrief

Re: Placable objects to build your own map

Post by jitrief »

It could be done, but think that the fences can be located following hills, and the way this works in the game is simple, like the guidelines in the GPS mod.

To build a road you need to model topographically, so to make curves on an uphill road, you need to control many parameters of the street so that the road has a smooth ride