GE 9.0.1 Error

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
TheSuBBie

GE 9.0.1 Error

Post by TheSuBBie »

Would like some help in solving these error's,

- Geometry lacks GS_ATTR_TANGENT data, which is required by the material.

also unable to assign different textures to different parts of the same model mesh ie: Bricks, Roof as we could in previous Blender/GE results in only one texture showing rest are transparent.
wiseguy49

Re: GE 9.0.1 Error

Post by wiseguy49 »

I've heard from ShyWizard, who said that all you need to do is import the model into Blender and then export it back out. This is with the new Blender plugin from Giants, which as of right now, is only available in the collectors edition.

This is to fix models in previous FS versions which are having texture issues in FS22... not sure if this would help you.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Not really, I'm creating stuff from new not using old models from FS19.

The same thing happens if I try to import an fbx file only one texture displayed the other two are transparent backFace culling is selected and there are no alpha layers just straight DXT1 textures, but everything works as it should in GE 8.2.2 both with fbx and i3d.

Blender exporter is available on the GDN site log in required as is the Editor

https://gdn.giants-software.com/downloads.php

edit: would I be right in assuming that it is now 1 texture 1 object and not as before where 1 object could have different texture files assigned on different parts of the mesh
Kevin_J_Barton

Post by Kevin_J_Barton »

any news on this error?
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

No error, confirmed that it is now one image file (can contain multiple textures) to one mesh whereas before you could assign two separate image files to the same mesh