FS22 Multi angle terrain Doesnt follow driving direction!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
strauts6

FS22 Multi angle terrain Doesnt follow driving direction!

Post by strauts6 »

Well just what title says. Im clearly missing something in some xml, but cant figure out what.
Is all this correct?

Code: Select all

<DetailLayer name="terrainDetail" densityMapId="254" numDensityMapChannels="16" compressionChannels="16" cellSize="8" objectMask="16711935" decalLayer="1" viewDistance="75" blendOutDistance="5" densityMapShaderNames="blendMap;blendMap2" combinedValuesChannels="0 4 0;4 9 0;13 3 0">
            <Group name="GroundType" firstChannel="0" numChannels="4" >
            <Group name="GroundAngle" firstChannel="4" numChannels="9" >
            <Group name="Spraytype" firstChannel="13" numChannels="3" 

float angle = float(i_angle)/32*3.14159;
reeveshd

Re: FS22 Multi angle terrain Doesnt follow driving direction!

Post by reeveshd »

I have been working on the same issue. Nothing works if you change that number to greater than 8.9
Reeves
reeveshd

Post by reeveshd »

I have been messing around with it too. I am trying to add it to Deer Creek. When I mess around with the float angle, the only thing that seems to work is 8 to 8.9 anything higher than that I get your same problem. Now I am experimenting with changing the pie number 3.14... and see if I can get it to do anything.
reeves
reeveshd

Post by reeveshd »

I have no made it to your spot in this process. I can see under the implement that it can leave more angles. The more I mess around with the float angle, the more it seems to be dictating the direction that the ground texture is displayed in reference to the implements direction.
I have tried all kinds of variations in to see what changes I can get it to do, but the original 8*3.14159 is the only thing that makes it work like it used to. Anything different just makes it not work right at all. If you take the math problem out all together, then you can set the direction that the texture displays. I thought I might be able to find a way to list every angle I wanted right there in that line, but that really messed things up.
I am stuck in my home office with Covid, so I am trying to work the problem with you. I am not expecting to solve it, but I am hoping that my screwing around will give you a perspective change?
Thanks
Reeves
Bubber Drumm

Post by Bubber Drumm »

strauts6 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:34 pm Well just what title says. Im clearly missing something in some xml, but cant figure out what.
Is all this correct?

<DetailLayer name="terrainDetail" densityMapId="254" numDensityMapChannels="16" compressionChannels="16" cellSize="8" objectMask="16711935" decalLayer="1" viewDistance="75" blendOutDistance="5" densityMapShaderNames="blendMap;blendMap2" combinedValuesChannels="0 4 0;4 9 0;13 3 0">
            <Group name="GroundType" firstChannel="0" numChannels="4" >
            <Group name="GroundAngle" firstChannel="4" numChannels="9" >
            <Group name="Spraytype" firstChannel="13" numChannels="3" 

float angle = float(i_angle)/32*3.14159;
Hi. You are using numDensityMapChannels="16". If I'm right the base game original is 10. So now you have 6 more channels. To have 32 angles (float angle = float(i_angle)/32*3.14159;) you just need 2 more channels.

I've managed to get it work on Calmsden and the textures follow the driving direction pretty well.
Mayne this helps:

https://forbidden-mods.de/forum/thread/ ... %C3%BCgen/
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

I fixed this problem already, problem was in densityMap_ground.gdm took a default one and started from scratch and it works like a charm now.
Steve IOW

Post by Steve IOW »

strauts6 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:57 am I fixed this problem already, problem was in densityMap_ground.gdm took a default one and started from scratch and it works like a charm now.
Hi can you please explain a bit more of the process, to get this working. Thanks.
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

viewtopic.php?f=884&t=182812
Its the same as fs19, but you dont need modmap.lua part.