Materials Problem

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
gamerdesigns

Materials Problem

Post by gamerdesigns »

Does anyone know if GIANTS is planning a update to the Editor anytime soon? This whole deal with only allowing objects to have one material is really aggravating! It is making alot of my prebuilt stuff not show up and having to take things back into blender and figure out a alt method. Also affects the texturing of things too.
Dasch_Modding

Re: Materials Problem

Post by Dasch_Modding »

I am having the same issues.. Something as basic as my christmas candycane pack I released in fs19 is turning out to be a nightmare in fs22.. I have tried a million shader combos to get it work and it just will not do anything until I can figure out how to isolate more than one material on an object. I also tried the new i3d exporter for the latest blender, no dice at all.. the different material names come through now, but it still wont allow to chose anything different.
gamerdesigns

Post by gamerdesigns »

yea for some reason any object with multiple materials it will either not show up at all or only show one material! Like a got a road that has 3 materials (left shoulder, center, and right shoulder) but it will only show one shoulder.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

I think you will find that the one mesh one material is here to stay as all the objects in the new games are created like that.

Your only option is to create one material out of the three that you currently have for your road and reassign it in Blender then export as i3d .

See this topic for further info on texture problems

viewtopic.php?f=895&t=183702