FS22 & Giant Editor 9 : Export Placeable to mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Chico008

FS22 & Giant Editor 9 : Export Placeable to mod

Post by Chico008 »

Hi

I'm just starting out on Giant Editor
I would have liked to export the meridian and uni silos in mod form, to add purchasable cargo inside (mainly lime and herbicide)

I tried via the File / New mod menu from the game, I have the maps, vehicles, palettes, animals, but not the placeable objects like silos or other.
any help on how to do that ?
EJ_Modding

Re: FS22 & Giant Editor 9 : Export Placeable to mod

Post by EJ_Modding »

You don't need the models to add filltypes, in fact you can achieve that with a simple modDesc.xml and the two xml files you wish to change filltypes for.

You only need the models if your making changes to the models, or textures for the models. You can simply point to the original game models and reduce your mod size drastically.

However if you wish to export the models you can load the i3d file into Giants editor and export all with files to the same directory as your xml files.
BillyMais

Post by BillyMais »

So, e. g. if you would want to make a buying station out of the basegame slurry silo you could to that with xml and linking/pointing to the ingame base modell and still achieve that you in the end have a mod without any i3d and still it shows up as a new mod ingame in placeables? (using the basegame modell visually then)
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server
Chico008

Post by Chico008 »

Ok, but how ? can't find any tuto to generate a moddesc nor how to tell which ingame file it has to use :/