FS22 Help Wanted

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Scruby

FS22 Help Wanted

Post by Scruby »

Let me start by saying I'm not much of a modder. FS22 is the first Farming Simulator that I've played on a PC and I'm just getting into modding. In fact all I've done so far is edited some .xml files to increase capacity of trailers and animal pens. But now I want to do something that I have zero clue how to do. I would like to be able to add a trailer hitch to the REAR of a trailer (specifically the Fliegl Timber Runner) so I can make a road train and haul more logs in a single trip. Is this possible for someone with as little experience as me? If yes, then how?
EJ_Modding

Re: FS22 Help Wanted

Post by EJ_Modding »

I'd say it's a bit advanced for a new modder but not impossible. It does require some knowledge of i3d files and giants editor. There are sample vehicles you could cut and paste the code from into the Fliegl Timber Runner and use dolly to connect the semi trailers. You just need to point attacher joint index to node in your i3d. That's a rather brute force way of doing it, the proper way would require some experience in 3d software like blender to make a more realistic connector. A few of the grain trailers have connectors that might be usable in such a project. The biggest thing is make sure your edits aren't part of the original game files be sure to export the mod out of your installation folder and point your xml's to the i3d file you are editing. Happy modding :)