Uploaded file is corrupted

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
MustBTV

Uploaded file is corrupted

Post by MustBTV »

I'm working on a few modifications to general store items for the community server I run with my viewers. I took the base Farmet Kompaktomat 1570 Max and made a few small modifications to it and attempted to upload it to the server and got the "Uploaded file is corrupted" error. I went back through all the files and I didn't see anything that stuck out as irregular. I decided to try a new mod from store option and make no changes to the files and see if that would upload and got the very same "Uploaded file is corrupted" error on a file that was only opened, saved, zipped and uploaded.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this error, if you have what you did to resolve the issue.

If you haven't but might have some ideas on resolutions I'm all ears. This is a small effort adjusting a single piece of gear, and I DO NOT want to run into this when we finish our new server only map we run.
Larkspeed

Re: Uploaded file is corrupted

Post by Larkspeed »

that error usually occurs when the mod you are trying to upload has no multiplayer support, try loading it in single player if it loads fine there then that is your issue.
MustBTV

Post by MustBTV »

Larkspeed that 100% matches what I'm having, but what I don't understand is why there isn't any multiplayer support for a piece of equipment that is in the store on my community map.

The kompaktomat 1570 Max works on my map in multiplayer and I'm must trying to make a few modifications to it. In fact, every generic piece of equipment that I "New Mod from Game" gives me the same error.
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

When ones make with the "New Mod from Game" the new one will have a modDesc.xml file that the original doesn' t have as it' s not a mod

In that modDesc.xml simply add that line

<multiplayer supported="true" />

i usually place it under the line for iconFilename>

that should solve your problem in multiplayer :this:
Last edited by BernardC on Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MustBTV

Post by MustBTV »

BernardC is thats the case I'm sending you tons of LOVE!!!
MustBTV

Post by MustBTV »

Thank you for the assist. Cannot believe I forgot that XML code. Sheesh