Is distributing a modified fruitTypes.xml inside my mod a violation of copyrights?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
kahfs

Is distributing a modified fruitTypes.xml inside my mod a violation of copyrights?

Post by kahfs »

Do any of you modders have any idea if redistributing xml files, such as fruitTypes.xml inside a mod is considered a violation of copyrights? I'm writing a mod, that reads a customized version of fruitTypes.xml. The xml file needs to be distributed along with the mod zip file and then put inside the modSettings folder. I would greatly appreciate your knowledge or opinion on this.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Central Ohio Modding

Re: Is distributing a modified fruitTypes.xml inside my mod a violation of copyrights?

Post by Central Ohio Modding »

You can modify any of the map xmls and include them in your mod folder all you want. That is not an issue.
Dogface

Re: Is distributing a modified fruitTypes.xml inside my mod a violation of copyrights?

Post by Dogface »

kahfs wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:40 pm that reads a customized version of fruitTypes.xml.
is it your custom xml or someone else's?
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

It is my own customized xml file. Actually I decided to write the xml files from scatch rather than work with modified originals from Giants. They are now used in RealLifeNumbers.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)