Placeables on mod map

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
P0wderKeg

Placeables on mod map

Post by P0wderKeg »

I am trying to add placeables to a map I'm working on but when I add it the game gets stuck at 95% loading.
-I've added the placeable xml to placeables.xml
<placeable mapBoundId="sellingStationVehicles" filename="$mapdir$/maps/mapUS/placeables/sellingStationVehicles/sellingStationVehicles.xml" position="2038.638 77.088 -3073.126" rotation="0 90 0" />

and to storeitems.xml
<storeItem xmlFilename="maps/mapUS/placeables/sellingStationVehicles/sellingStationVehicles.xml" />

In the log file it shows that the placeable i3d loaded in .62 ms and no error just that but the game never gets past 95% loading.

Am I missing something?
strauts6

Re: Placeables on mod map

Post by strauts6 »

Try a different placeable.
P0wderKeg

Post by P0wderKeg »

I have, exact same issue. The map is 16x, if that makes a difference. I have looked at other new maps out to see what they had done and the same as I have. I'm at a lose.
Bonger76

Post by Bonger76 »

You need to add it to you map modDesc.xml not the base map storeItems,add this to your modDesc.xml,any placeables you add from your mod map
has to be in mod maps modDesc.xml storeItems.The placeables.xml looks right .

<storeItems>
<storeItem xmlFilename="maps/mapUS/placeables/sellingStationVehicles/sellingStationVehicles.xml" />
</storeItems>

Check that you only have 1 sellingStationVehicles I think you can only have one.
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

Bonger76 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:06 am You need to add it to you map modDesc.xml not the base map storeItems,add this to your modDesc.xml,any placeables you add from your mod map
has to be in mod maps modDesc.xml storeItems.The placeables.xml looks right .

<storeItems>
</storeItems>

Check that you only have 1 sellingStationVehicles I think you can only have one.
Doesnt always have to be in modDesc.xml, it can laso be in storeitems.xml
P0wderKeg

Post by P0wderKeg »

I finally figured what the problem was....The farmland has to be defined on where the placeable is being placed. Once I did that it loaded 100% and placeable was there.
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

Interesting, i got placeables on last farmland id, that is not defined in xml and map loads just fine.
P0wderKeg

Post by P0wderKeg »

That is what mine is on, id 255. I didn't have 255 defined in farmlands.xml, once I did that everything worked.