Adding a Seat Cam. Help needed

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
DemonBarber

Adding a Seat Cam. Help needed

Post by DemonBarber »

Hi. I was wondering if someone would be able to give me a step by step guide of how to add a seat cam to a tractor please. I've tried copying the code from a mod that already has it into the xlm file but it didn't seem to work. I've also followed a guide on YouTube to add a camera via GE but that was for FS19 so that didn't really work either. I know there is an option in the settings but obviously that is disabled at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Edit - No response required. I've now managed to work this out.
Gerbrand

Re: Adding a Seat Cam. Help needed

Post by Gerbrand »

DemonBarber wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:03 pm Edit - No response required. I've now managed to work this out.
Can you please reflect on how you succeeded to do this, I am looking for simular solution.
DemonBarber

Post by DemonBarber »

Hi. I used the video on the link below. It's based on FS19 but seems to work in FS22, sort of. I've got it to work in one mod but couldn't get it to work for another. The one that worked it was just a matter of following the video. Basically use GE to cut the indoor camera from 'Cameras' and paste into 'Seat' (I think it's in Cabin but I'm not at my pc so can't be sure). You then need to copy the new Node address into the xlm file (it's explained in the video). The principal is you want to move the camera to being fixed to the seat. Like I say, I'm no expert and have never used the GE editor before but I somehow managed to get it to work, well once anyway. Let me know how you go on. Backup your files first.
https://youtu.be/petYjWWDWBw
CptCray

Post by CptCray »

There is an option in the settings where you can enable 'dynamic camera', which basically means seat cam, to all vehicles. So there isn't a real need for adding an extra cam to the seat in FS22.
DemonBarber

Post by DemonBarber »

From what I can tell the setting doesn't do anything.
CptCray

Post by CptCray »

Are you using headtracking by any chance?
DemonBarber

Post by DemonBarber »

Hi. Yes I'm using TrackIR
CptCray

Post by CptCray »

There seems to be a problem with the camera suspension if you are using headtracking. I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug. However I created a small script that fixes it. Feel free to try it out. It should work with all vehicles.

https://github.com/JanCraymer/FS22_Head ... Suspension
DemonBarber

Post by DemonBarber »

Really appreciate the help and the script. I'm away from my computer at the moment but will give it a go later and let you know. Do you know how it will react to mods that have had the seatcam added? Cheers again
CptCray

Post by CptCray »

I don't think that it will be a problem if there is a seatcam in a mod. If you encounter any issues please let me know :)
DemonBarber

Post by DemonBarber »

Hi. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond here. Just tried the script and it works like a charm. Tried stock tractors and mods both with and without seatcams added and all work perfectly. Can't believe I've missed this, I spent hours searching for a solution. Thanks again
CptCray

Post by CptCray »

Great! I'm glad it's working for you. There might be a chance that Giants fixes this themselves in the future so maybe keep an eye on upcoming patch notes.
bebop

Post by bebop »

Very nice mod thanks for that. There is a topic in the german modding forum about this problem. I´ll link your github page there.

thumbs up...

greetings from Germany
Damofarm

Post by Damofarm »

CptCray wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:58 am There seems to be a problem with the camera suspension if you are using headtracking. I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug. However I created a small script that fixes it. Feel free to try it out. It should work with all vehicles.

https://github.com/JanCraymer/FS22_Head ... Suspension
Thanks very much for this cracking little mod, I had the same issue with the seat camera and Trackir not working together. This works really well.
Cheers CptCray.
Damofarm
misskittin

Post by misskittin »

Hey CptCray,

Thank's for your script, even if I never mentionned it, I LOVED IT! Though it is not working anymore since the today patch. Do you think a corrective is easy to fix?
G27 / X52 pro / Track IR / Logitech Side Panel / SIM Dashboard