Guide: How to add more terrain paint types in FS22

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Greg78

Re: Guide: How to add more terrain paint types in FS22

Post by Greg78 »

Sincx wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:40 pm Awesome find this !!

Got the 5 extra textures in to paint the ground, tried all the others from the other maps but they will not show. This is as you pointed out due to the fact they are not in the id3 file I reckon.

However I did not manage to get any other trees in to be used with the landscaping tool.

Any more info how you managed to get them to show up ?

Thanks.
I'll take a look when I'm on my "gaming" pc, and 'll share you how i did (probably during the week-end) :wink3:
Joueur FS17 sur PS4 et PC depuis juillet 2018
Joueur FS19 sur PC
"Seasons" ou ce qu'il manquait à FS19 pour m'y faire vraiment jouer
Joueur FS22 sur PC - Haut-Beyl' / Calmsden / Alex Prodeal Farm
Sincx

Post by Sincx »

! No need to search for this anymore as there is a mod out that allows you to place any tree anywhere on every map now.
So thats sorted, it even comes with the bigger bushes and there be some grass types as well. Awesome.

Now if only a mod can be made so you can use like 30 different textures to pain the ground on any map....the thing I would love most to be honest instead of another tractor or implement mod :/ Buildings however we can not have enough choises for !
SimDala

Post by SimDala »

What is this mod that solves this issue called then?

You forgot to write the mod name.
Tekk_9

Post by Tekk_9 »

Very helpful guide in how to add all the ground types available....Do you know how to add paintable roads that you can paint with the landscaping tool? been searching but cant seem to find any information on how to do it.thanks
NoxNovaGabi

Post by NoxNovaGabi »

Hi and thank you for the tip on changing the texture. I have seen the discussion about the foliage but I don't really understand what is going but my question is simple...It is not possible to change "yellow cone flower" and "day lily" from the store with let's say small or medium grown grass from the same US map? I don't want foliage from other maps, just us foliage changed with other us foliage. I tried replacing the texture but nothing happened :lol: *please don't judge me I have zero knowledge in coding and how these things are scripted
Zelyth

Post by Zelyth »

NoxNovaGabi wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:55 pm Hi and thank you for the tip on changing the texture. I have seen the discussion about the foliage but I don't really understand what is going but my question is simple...It is not possible to change "yellow cone flower" and "day lily" from the store with let's say small or medium grown grass from the same US map? I don't want foliage from other maps, just us foliage changed with other us foliage. I tried replacing the texture but nothing happened :lol: *please don't judge me I have zero knowledge in coding and how these things are scripted
Hey, unfortunately I'm not sure about this. I would have done exactly the same thing as you in replacing the textures hahaha. Maybe make sure you changed the right ones? There are EN and DE counterparts for mostly everything in the game, so there are some duplicate textures in different folders that get used for different things.

Best of luck!
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

SimDala wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:37 am What is this mod that solves this issue called then?

I know this is an old thread, but this was never answered and I am also interested in knowing what this mod name supposedly is. Searching the net is of no use because any search relating to "trees" and "anywhere" only comes up with that lumberjack mod that allows you to CUT trees anywhere, which is, of course, no relation at all to this discussion.

So, at the risk of necroing a months old post, I'd like it if someone could throw that in here. Please don't say "there's a mod that does this" then just plain ignore queries as to what mod it is.

Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Zelyth

Post by Zelyth »

Faelandaea wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:20 pm
SimDala wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:37 am What is this mod that solves this issue called then?

I know this is an old thread, but this was never answered and I am also interested in knowing what this mod name supposedly is. Searching the net is of no use because any search relating to "trees" and "anywhere" only comes up with that lumberjack mod that allows you to CUT trees anywhere, which is, of course, no relation at all to this discussion.

So, at the risk of necroing a months old post, I'd like it if someone could throw that in here. Please don't say "there's a mod that does this" then just plain ignore queries as to what mod it is.

Unfortunately, I don't think the mod exists. It is possible the person who wrote the comment was confused with a differently functioning tree-related mod, or they were thinking of a mod from a previous FS title. If it did exist, I feel like someone would have found it here by now.
SimDala

Post by SimDala »

No, it seems to be so that this mod mentioned doesn't exist, yet... :P

I'm working on my "All placeable trees and paint textures in same mod" and thought that it did go great with the first five or so tree types, but when I then tried to just expand the tree types I ended up with getting just a regular small pine tree when I placed my updated birch tree with its own i3d file, textures and so on.

Have someone else encountered this problem too and can guide me in the right direction on what causing these trange behaviour. It seems like something isn't right and then it replaces the tree with a backup tree without giving any errors in the consol nor the log files...
BallDeLocks

Post by BallDeLocks »

Zelyth wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:11 am Hey folks!
I was a bit frustrated with the lack of terrain types in FS22. So I dived into the games files and added some more. Here's how to do it!
Enjoy!
Ben
Thank you, I also was frustrated with the lack of terrain types in FS22. I was trying to figure out how to change it, since they is not a mod to add "paintable" terrain types. You saved me some time and it is appreciated.
Zelyth

Post by Zelyth »

BallDeLocks wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:47 pm
Zelyth wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:11 am Hey folks!
I was a bit frustrated with the lack of terrain types in FS22. So I dived into the games files and added some more. Here's how to do it!
Enjoy!
Ben
Thank you, I also was frustrated with the lack of terrain types in FS22. I was trying to figure out how to change it, since they is not a mod to add "paintable" terrain types. You saved me some time and it is appreciated.
No problem!