occluderMesh has too many triangles

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
strauts6

occluderMesh has too many triangles

Post by strauts6 »

Im making a map and using buildings exported from base game maps. Now using the test tool it gives me errors like

Code: Select all

physicsPropertyTest>WarningPPT: occluder animalTraderOpenhall02|occluderMesh (10|0|4|0|2) has too many triangles (358, ideally not more than 25).</physicsPropertyTest>
and

Code: Select all

<physicsPropertyTest>WarningPPT: node oldBarnRuin01|LOD0|oldBarnRuin01 (11|72|0|0|0|0) has a collision with 16556 tris</physicsPropertyTest>
Since these building are from base game and if its ok like that for default maps, will it be ok if i leave it like that and pass the tests?
If not, what would be the best wast to reduce the occluderMesh triangles?
TheSuBBie

Re: occluderMesh has too many triangles

Post by TheSuBBie »

It does seem a bit strange to give this " ideally not more than 25" figure, as most of the ingame buildings ( where applicable) have a larger occluder mesh size than this. The only ones with less than 25 triangles are buildings with no opening doors/windows etc just a basic cube with a pitched roof.

Here is another example of base game occluder mesh size greater than 25

strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

Some building have been improved in base game, so replaced them, and it fixed 8 buildings.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

As of the latest patch 1.2.0.2 the building you first picked up on "animalTraderOpenhall02" has indeed been improved but it is still over the 25 mark at 55, however the one in my previous post still has a count of 1472 at this time.

The only way I can see to stay below the 25 limit is to have multiple occluder meshes on the same object each one less than 25 triangles.

Another question arises as the improved occluder mesh in "animalTraderOpenhall02" has had sections removed so doesnt cover the building completely, what is the criteria for the mesh coverage of buildings ??