Help me understand something

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
hun3

Help me understand something

Post by hun3 »

Is there a reason why on some maps the edge of field cannot be smoother this also goes for painting texture dont have the defined option. I dont know if I am explaining this right?

On this screenshot its a 4X map. The field edges are very jagged.....can this be changed?
Azfoor

Re: Help me understand something

Post by Azfoor »

It's just the way the terrain angles are. In vanilla FS there is only 8 different angles so at an edge like that it can get pretty jagged. You can mod a map so it has more angles tho. I mod every map i download to have 32° And the main purpose of more angles is thst the lines after implements in the field actually look real and not sticking of to the side when plowing a sertain direction 😅
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Azfoor wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:12 am It's just the way the terrain angles are. In vanilla FS there is only 8 different angles so at an edge like that it can get pretty jagged. You can mod a map so it has more angles tho. I mod every map i download to have 32° And the main purpose of more angles is thst the lines after implements in the field actually look real and not sticking of to the side when plowing a sertain direction 😅
Thank you for the explanation. *thumbsup*
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Azfoor wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:12 am It's just the way the terrain angles are. In vanilla FS there is only 8 different angles so at an edge like that it can get pretty jagged. You can mod a map so it has more angles tho. I mod every map i download to have 32° And the main purpose of more angles is thst the lines after implements in the field actually look real and not sticking of to the side when plowing a sertain direction 😅
Do you have a good tutorial source for adding these angles?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:10 am
Do you have a good tutorial source for adding these angles?
Try this? viewtopic.php?f=884&t=182812