Capello quasar width

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
bossmanslim

Capello quasar width

Post by bossmanslim »

The capello quasar (off official modhub) skips a row every 4 passes or so when the AI runs the harvester. I have checked the xml and all the widths are set to 12 and the working width in the Giants editor is -6 to +6. The GPS mod reads the header width as 12.6m. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
bossmanslim

Re: Capello quasar width

Post by bossmanslim »

I figured out the issue. The aiwidth is set to -6.3 and +6.3. I edited it in Giants editor, but now the colors don't work and it appears as a white header with not color.

Therefore, either the original mod maker needs to fix the aiwidth or can someone tell my why changing the aiwidth in GE drops all the colors.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I tried it, the color is still red. Maybe you did something else? Try again from scratch.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I tried again, same issue
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The only way I can replicate that is if I extract only the I3D folder for example, then edit the header in GE. If the textures aren't in the correct place when you open the mod, then the texture lines are removed when you save the file, hence the plain white header (no textures or unlinked textures always result in a plain white objects).

You need to unzip the whole header mod, then edit the I3D as you did. Then rezip the contents of FS22_Capello_Quasar_HS16 (not the folder itself, but the contents of that).

Edit: The other way to do it is to open the I3D file in Notepad (ideally something like Notepad++) then go on lines 259 and 260 change the 6.3 to 6.0 and resave. So long as the file is added back into the same zip file in the same place then the textures won't be removed.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

this_is_gav wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:03 pm The only way I can replicate that is if I extract only the I3D folder for example, then edit the header in GE. If the textures aren't in the correct place when you open the mod, then the texture lines are removed when you save the file, hence the plain white header (no textures or unlinked textures always result in a plain white objects).
Wow! That is a deep dive and a little bit of mind reading.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

That fixed it. Thanks. Good to know for in the future.