I Would Kill to See This (JD 8345R Monitor Setup)

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Faelandaea

I Would Kill to See This (JD 8345R Monitor Setup)

Post by Faelandaea »

One of the many channels I watch is "Laura farms", which is an excellent channel for seeing up close and personal how a lot of the modern tractors operate. I swear every time I see her get into the seeding tractors and look at her monitor setups, it completely blows my mind the amount of information being fed to the driver and being fed to the cloud for the farmers as well.

This is an image of what I am talking about:

Source: https://youtu.be/EuylHSHwUgI?t=96 at time stamp 1:36 She explains each monitor (as well as a full tour of the rest of the tractor and seeder).

Note the small box with analog gauges. Those are controls for the Demco side tanks. We see a lot of those tanks in game, but never see the controls for them.

I am hoping that in the future we can start getting mod configurations for such setups. I know we have a few that are seeder/planeter/implement specific, but this specific configuration is just stellar. Would be awesome to see in some of Custom Modding or JHHD's tractors. :)

What do you guys think?

P.S. - She definitely has installed and is using Courseplay on that tractor ;) LOL
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
don_apple

Re: I Would Kill to See This (JD 8345R Monitor Setup)

Post by don_apple »

Would be interesting, but if it is added it should be configurable so that you can choose if and how many additional displays you want to have in-cab.

Also it might make sense to have the displays dynamically appear and disappear depending on the machine you are attaching (e. g. if you attach the large Bourgault seeders it should make the Topcon display and the control boxes for it to appear in the cab, for a Krone big baler the Krone display should appear, ...).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Exactly. Like I was thinking it'd be neat to have like the precision planting screen dynamically appear only when the ISARA sensors are attached/applied to the tractor. Would make for more immersion for sure to have screens that appear or have displays based on the attached equipment.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Just saw another interesting example of the monitor setup in modern tractors during seeding: https://youtu.be/9HwzUJPYFcY?t=849
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Oh now I love that setup. Keeps the monitors above eye level and not blocking the view to the right. Nice.
Faelandaea Dravin