Realistic Steering for Farming Simulator 22

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
_AngryMike

Realistic Steering for Farming Simulator 22

Post by _AngryMike »

Hey. Can you add this to official modhub? This mod exists and its like 20 kilobytes only...
I cannot play without it on PC on gamepad. Just cant.
And I dont trust modding websites.
Still sitting on FS19 coz of this.
Mod is available since January.
Thanx.
norfolk farmer

Re: Realistic Steering for Farming Simulator 22

Post by norfolk farmer »

It would need the modder to submit it for testing without that Giants can't just add in someone's mod.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

First of all It's up to the original modder to submit it to modhub and this might be an unofficial convert and the person that did the conversion can't simply upload to modhub without permission from original modder!

And when it comes to mod sites. It pretty safe to download. I have downloaded 1000+ mods from all different sites and I have never got a virus!
_AngryMike

Post by _AngryMike »

Modder nickname is Balu. Devs added his Realistic Steering mod for Farming Simulator 19 to official modhub. (Released 01.04.2019)
Last edited by _AngryMike on Thu May 12, 2022 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The Modder apparently created a development version of this mod for FS22 already but hasn't submitted it for publication on the official ModHub yes far it seems: https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS22_RealisticSteering

So you might want to give that a try and if it works you could try to contact the Modder via https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS22_Reali ... ing/issues and ask what his plans are for making it officially available.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
_AngryMike

Post by _AngryMike »

I did just that. Hoping to get some info. Thanx.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

@_AngryMike and @don_apple
Very nice sleuthing work guys.
_AngryMike

Post by _AngryMike »

farmingsimulator22mods site is safe? There is Realistic Steering mod there.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

farmingsimulator22mods isn't safe as far as I can see, since it seems to be one of those sites that just collect lots of mods without asking the actual modders for permission, and the main purpose is actually to spit out adds and generate clicks.

If you want a safe version of the mod then you should download it from the GitHub page I've mentioned before, since this is the original version.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

don_apple wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:22 pm farmingsimulator22mods isn't safe as far as I can see, since it seems to be one of those sites that just collect lots of mods without asking the actual modders for permission, and the main purpose is actually to spit out adds and generate clicks.

If you want a safe version of the mod then you should download it from the GitHub page I've mentioned before, since this is the original version.
As you say most of them sites whilst not always unsafe are garbage in how they operate. I like Github even for mods already on the modhub as you normally can get any updated version way before it gets to the modhub.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Nope, these are all the same types of sites that just collect mods from dubious sources.

And since the official creator of this mod has not released a version for FS22 yet, none of these sites can actually have an official Version of this mod for FS22. I'm guessing the mod that most of those sites are offering are just badly converted versions from FS19, in some cases the mod most likely hasn't actually been converted for FS22 but they have simply replaced FS19 with FS22 to make it look like it is a mod for FS22.

As mentioned before the only way to get a safe version of the mod is from the GitHub repo of the original author.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
_AngryMike

Post by _AngryMike »

It's been almost 3 weeks now and the mod's creator hasn't responded to the github post. Also on the forum. Do you have any other ideas on how to contact him?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The same modder I believe is responsible for Autodrive so if I am correct in that then they are still active, maybe it may just be a case in which the mod you are looking for they have no intention in converting it over and are no longer looking at that Github page.