box on trailer not recognised as fillable object

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Steel_Horse

box on trailer not recognised as fillable object

Post by Steel_Horse »

Hi,
Trying to teach myself to mod and am stuck.

I am trying to add a fillable box to the tray of a flatbed truck. Just a simple cube at this point. I created the cube I want in the editor and have defined a fillVolume and exactFillNode, which I ultimately link to the nodes in the XML where I also set the filltype to match the trigger I am using.

Everything loads fine and I have no errors. Just that the trigger doesnt recognise the fillable object under it. Have tried many variations including copying a body from a working trailer. Clearly I am missing a step. Can anyone help or point me to some relevant documentation please.

Watched hours of modding videos and learned plenty just cant seem to find one doing this simple thing.
Dogface

Re: box on trailer not recognised as fillable object

Post by Dogface »

Do you have the correct boxes checked under the "Shape" Tab of the fillVolume cube?

Did you define the correct Collision Mask on the "Rigid Body" Tab of the exactFillRootNode?

If not, check a Giants trailer for the correct settings.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

Yes to both questions. I looked at several trailers both base game and mod to try and deduce all those settings. Everything looks to match. Thats why I am stumped. I must be missing something simple. Will look again, thanks for the suggestions.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Steel_Horse wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:00 am Yes to both questions. I looked at several trailers both base game and mod to try and deduce all those settings. Everything looks to match. Thats why I am stumped. I must be missing something simple. Will look again, thanks for the suggestions.
If you post a copy, I can have a look at it.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

Dogface wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:15 pm
Steel_Horse wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:00 am Yes to both questions. I looked at several trailers both base game and mod to try and deduce all those settings. Everything looks to match. Thats why I am stumped. I must be missing something simple. Will look again, thanks for the suggestions.
If you post a copy, I can have a look at it.
Thanks, Much appreciated. I wont get back to my gaming PC for a few days so it will be next week
Cheers
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

Thanks for your help. Miraculously I have solved my problem. Not entirely sure how, but I tried using some different trailers as the source for config information and one actually worked.Cannot see where it differs at least it is working. Appreciate your help
Thanks
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

That's modding for you.