Editor crashing

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Norfolk

Editor crashing

Post by Norfolk »

Not sure if there's and editor forum?

for some reason my editor has out of the blue starting crashing and i got the following error in the log file, can anyone advise me?

C:\Users\mrbri\OneDrive\Desktop\Essentials\maps\calmsden_Edits\calms\FS22_Calmsden\maps\map.i3d (1579.63 ms)
Error: Failed to create texture array. Texture 'D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/maps/mapUS/textures/terrain/animalMud01_diffuse.png' couldn't be loaded.
Warning: Failed to create terrain diffuse texture array, use black textures instead.
Warning: CPU mip generation code activated for texture 'BaseTerrain diffuse texture array' - please build mips for this image.
Error: Failed to create texture array. Texture 'D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/maps/mapUS/textures/terrain/animalMud01_normal.png' couldn't be loaded.
Warning: Failed to create terrain normal texture array.
Warning: CPU mip generation code activated for texture 'BaseTerrain normal texture array' - please build mips for this image.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german section into correct area in english section.
Bonger76

Re: Editor crashing

Post by Bonger76 »

Looks like a file path problem the error is telling you where it is looking for the 'animalMud01_diffuse.png'

'D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/data/maps/mapUS/textures/terrain/animalMud01_diffuse.png'
follow the path it looks like to me that the data is wrong it should be "$data" open your map in notepad++ any time you load a texture from the game files. In your map.i3d should look like this with your fileId,
<File fileId=" " filename="$data/maps/mapUS/textures/terrain/animalMud01_diffuse.png"/>
chaseydog

Re: Editor crashing

Post by chaseydog »

If you’ve updated to game version 1.6 you’ll need to wait until Giants releases an updated version of GE. Using the current version of GE with 1.6 breaks foliage layers