placeable vehicle

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
getfet

placeable vehicle

Post by getfet »

Im trying to make a mod with a placeable woodcrusher for FS22 (like the JENZ HE 700 StA in F19)

I have not found a way to make them as the "FS19 woodcrusher-placeable-type" seems removed in FS22..
But if I can place a placeable vehicle then I should be able to make it work but is it even possible?

Found mod like "Jenz HE 561 StA Pack" for F19 where the placeable.xml is calling for a <vehicle xmlFilename="he561StA.xml" /> but I have not been able to make it work in FS22, is this still possible and how?
HillyFarms

Re: placeable vehicle

Post by HillyFarms »

Did you work out if this was possible in FS22?

A vehicle can be called by the vehicles.xml either from the game dir for base game vehicles or from the mod folder for modded vehicles.

If possible, I would like to call a modded vehicle from the map.

In 19 you created 2 xmls for the mod, one of them having a </placeable> that calls the vehicle. The crane on ItaliaLight is an example of this.
In 22 I have tried different combinations of the above with no luck. I have also tried calling the modded vehicle from the vehicle.xml using things like $mapdir$/vehicles/xxx.xml and a bunch of other stuff with no luck.

For the thing I want to do a separate/additional mod for the vehicle isn't ideal.

Cheers,
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Try using the following -- $moddir$FS22_your Map Name/placeables/modfolder/mod.xml.
HillyFarms

Post by HillyFarms »

Good idea but that doesn't work in this case either I don't think
dr.Zonfeld

Post by dr.Zonfeld »

getfet wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:10 pm
Your Idea doesn´t work anymore. As far as i know, you must begin with a production point.
Then you must add animationNodes for the crusher and maybe a audioFile.

Code: Select all

<specialization name="productionPoint"/>
<specialization name="animatedObjects"/>
<specialization name="dynamicallyLoadedParts"/>
<specialization name="infoTrigger"/>
check it...