2 questions: license plate replacements, buyable and drivable traffic.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
DazzaJay

2 questions: license plate replacements, buyable and drivable traffic.

Post by DazzaJay »

Hi guys, beginner here.

I have two questions, I will start with the easier one first.

1. License plate replacements.
I've watched a YouTube guide on replacing license plates, and I'm pretty sure I can do it, as I'm making an Australian license plate pack.

However, the only way I've seen to do license plates is to edit a map file.

Is there a way to add new license plate types into a standalone mod without editing the maps?

Question 2:
2. Buyable drivable traffic.
I've noticed there's a lot of variety of traffic cars in game.
What would it take to create a mod, using these stock traffic models, to make them ownable/driveable?
And if it's possible, would a mod like this be accepted in the modhub?
Dogface

Re: 2 questions: license plate replacements, buyable and drivable traffic.

Post by Dogface »

Question 2: What would it take to create a mod, using these stock traffic models, to make them ownable/driveable?

You would have to "in-game" the models, mostly create an xml. It looks like the steering is missing and probably some interior detail, which might need some 3D work or texture work.

Q2: And if it's possible, would a mod like this be accepted in the modhub?
Probably
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

DazzaJay wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:52 pm Question 1: Is there a way to add new license plate types into a standalone mod without editing the maps?
If you mean add selectable license plate to THAT mod vehicle, then yes. If you mean add Australian license plate to ALL vehicles in the game, I don't know mate.
DazzaJay

Post by DazzaJay »

Dogface wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:16 pm
DazzaJay wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:52 pm Question 1: Is there a way to add new license plate types into a standalone mod without editing the maps?
If you mean add selectable license plate to THAT mod vehicle, then yes. If you mean add Australian license plate to ALL vehicles in the game, I don't know mate.
I probably could have been clearer.

What i'd like to do is make a license plate pack, as a mod zip.

so that a player can simply download that mod, drop it in the mods folder, and then load into any save file they have, and be able to select these new license plates from any vehicle workshop.

Because so far the only way i've seen on how to do license plates is to edit the ones inside a map.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Upon closer inspection, the interiors of the traffic cars are VERY low detail. It would require quite a bit of 3D work and some 2D work.
DazzaJay

Post by DazzaJay »

Dogface wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:32 pm Upon closer inspection, the interiors of the traffic cars are VERY low detail. It would require quite a bit of 3D work and some 2D work.
Yeah, it's probably out of my league. (I learned a little bit of LUA and XMl from Multi-Theft-Auto (A Multiplayer Mod for GTA San Andreas that used LUA and XML for various things)
So i will probably have a go at license plates, as i found a good guide on YouTube, unfortunately though there's no word on being able to make it standalone (Map Editing seems to be necessary currently, hoping this will change though)