NEED HELP RIGHT NOW!!!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
NLTheCow

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW!!!

Post by NLTheCow »

Hello, I just have a simple question about fs22 modding, every tractor fenders and wipers for example is a model in the tractor vis and the fenders are rotate able with a normal transform group, but I exported the tractor vis to blender cause I wanted to change some things, then when I exported it back the fenders and wiper for example did not work to rotate, I just cant figure out how to fix this, hope someone can help me, thanks!
Dogface

Re: NEED HELP RIGHT NOW!!!

Post by Dogface »

EDIT: erroneous
Last edited by Dogface on Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DzInLa

Post by DzInLa »

Dogface wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:23 am Giants uses meshes in their i3Ds. A mesh is all the vehicle "parts" put together as one 3D object. This mesh usually has a name ending in "_vis".

Giants uses Maya, which can make meshes, however Blender cannot make meshes.

If you wish to mod a mesh in Blender, you must separate it into the component parts before you import back into GE.
BLENDER can make meshes and export as a i3d file. My Multi-Trailer was exported from BLENDER.
viewtopic.php?f=952&t=190254
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Its such a shame Giants have given us a reasonably good i3d exporter for Blender, unfortunately they seem to have forgotten the documentation and have left it to modders to figure it out for themselves.
DzInLa

Post by DzInLa »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:24 am Its such a shame Giants have given us a reasonably good i3d exporter for Blender, unfortunately they seem to have forgotten the documentation and have left it to modders to figure it out for themselves.
I 've asked for help with the GIANTS i3d BLENDER Exporter Plugin 9.0.1 on the GDN and these forums but had no response from GIANTS.