Respect for the modding community

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
PerroZanche

Respect for the modding community

Post by PerroZanche »

Hello, first of all say that I have created a new account for not using the account where I have my modder name because if the tester see that you complain they will remove the mods and no longer approve the mods, so I prefer to hide my name.

Well, here I'm going to say the gods because this seems to me a lack of respect to the modding community.

As much you know when creating mods you have a limit of 250,000 triangles that you should not exceed, in principle I did not know this and I published a mod where I exceeded the 250,000 by 24,000 triangles, my mod had a total of 274. 000 in total, well the testers rejected it for that reason, it had many triangles, there is all agreed, I made the mod again, I lowered it to 140,000 I tried to raise it and again they told me that I still had many triangles for a mod not so big was a "Sower".de 8 meters.

For that reason, I abandoned my mod and started other projects....

Now comes the best, after several days testing mods that because they gave me lag or FPS drops, I started to review the mods, to my surprise I realize that exceed 250,000 triangles now I put screenshots for evidence

Some of you will say maybe they are old mods and they didn't look at them as good as now.... well, that's your opinion, I'll put tests of mods from months ago, and mods from days ago.

Mod 1: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

We see how the mod exceeds 250,000 triangles to reach 337,579 also if we open this mod with the TestRunner program provided by giants to see if the mod meets all the requirements to be published, we see that it gives us a failure that exceeds 250,00 triangles.

Mod 2: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

This mod is already narrowly missing the triangles, not this one is already doubling them.
I am not going to upload the TestRunner screenshot because we already know that it will have the same error of overcoming the triangles.

Mod 3: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

And as well as these overcoming the triangles many more mods that I will not put not to fill all this with images, but you yourselves can search and check it out.

NOTE: About the modders who upload these mods I have nothing against them, my complaint is about those who test these mods.

There are some rules and these rules should be the same for everyone, because some do and some don't, you look at published mods and find hundreds of bugs, fs19 ground effects, texture failures, etc.

These things seem to me a lack of respect for the modding community, enough of favoritism, enough of publishing mods with bugs, I'm tired of my mods and mods of my colleagues are rejected for minor bugs and other mods with very important bugs are published.

With these things the only thing they get is that fewer modders publish in modhub and do it in external pages.

I hope this is read by someone important in the forum or whoever is in charge of mods in modhub because this seems to me a lack of respect

Thank you very much for your attention and I hope that the mod testers will review the mods better and that the above mentioned mods will be reviewed again.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Re: Respect for the modding community

Post by Chaki »

Good Morning, if you want your mod to be reviewed again, please follow the guidelines outlined in the Modhub. For further questions on how testing works, you also have a direct line to the ModHub Testing Team through the ModHub Messenger which is to be used as the rules are the same for everyone: https://farming-simulator.com/modHubBEMessenger.php
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support