No tree falling sound - script wizards pls read

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Dim67

No tree falling sound - script wizards pls read

Post by Dim67 »

After playing the new DLC for a while I all of a sudden realized that when cutting trees with a tree-harvester, the tree does not make a sound when falling to the ground.

However, when cutting a tree with a chainsaw there is sound of the tree crashing down.

So at first I thought it was maybe a bug in the DLC. I had never noticed the sound not being there in other maps cause I never did any logging before.

To test this I started a new save on Elm Creek without any mods, and here it was the same thing; sound with chainsaw, no sound with harvester.

So I started looking for the files and xml's that might have to do with this.

First the chainsaw file, which is in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 22\data\firstPerson\chainsaws\stihl

The xml actually has the following code and points to 5 different falling tree sound files:

These sounds are located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 22\data\sounds\tools\forestry

<treeSounds>
<cut file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/tree_fall_01.wav" linkNode="0>" innerRadius="5.0" outerRadius="60.0" >
<volume indoor="0.50" outdoor="1.00" />
<pitch indoor="1.00" outdoor="1.00" />
<lowpassGain indoor="0.50" outdoor="1.00" />
</cut>
<cut file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/tree_fall_02.wav" linkNode="0>" innerRadius="5.0" outerRadius="60.0" >
</cut>
<cut file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/tree_fall_03.wav" linkNode="0>" innerRadius="5.0" outerRadius="60.0" >
</cut>
<cut file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/tree_fall_04.wav" linkNode="0>" innerRadius="5.0" outerRadius="60.0" >
</cut>
<cut file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/tree_fall_05.wav" linkNode="0>" innerRadius="5.0" outerRadius="60.0" >
</cut>
</treeSounds>

Then there is a folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 22\data\sounds\cutting
which has 3 different falling tree sounds

Now, when using the chainsaw, once it cuts the tree it plays one of these sounds in random order, which makes sense, to give the game some more immersion.

But when using a tree-harvester, the sound of the falling tree is not there. If I look in the xml for lets say the Komatsu, it has code for playing the cut sound and the de-limbing sound:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 22\data\vehicles\komatsu\xc931\sounds

<woodHarvester>
<sounds>
<delimb template="forestryTreeDelimb" linkNode="cuttingBlade" />
</sounds>
</woodHarvester>

There is no reference for playing the falling sound.

Lastly there is one more xml: soundtemplates.xml which is in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 22\data\sounds

and has templates for all the sounds and this is the code that has to do with trees:

<template name="forestryTreeCut" file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/treeCut1.wav" innerRadius="1.0" outerRadius="42.0" >
<volume indoor="0.4" outdoor="3.50" />
<sourceRandomization file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/treeCut2.wav"/>
<sourceRandomization file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/treeCut3.wav"/>
<sourceRandomization file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/treeCut4.wav"/>
</template>

<template name="forestryTreeDelimb" file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/treeDelimbLoop1.wav" innerRadius="1.0" outerRadius="42.0" fadeIn="0.03" fadeOut="0.3">
<volume indoor="0.4" outdoor="4.00" />
<sourceRandomization file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/treeDelimbLoop2.wav"/>
</template>

<template name="DEFAULT_TREE_CUT" file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/tool_tree_cut_loop_01.wav" innerRadius="5.0" outerRadius="60.0" fadeOut="0.1">
<volume indoor="0.4" outdoor="1.00" />
</template>
<template name="DEFAULT_TREE_DELIMB" file="$data/sounds/tools/forestry/tool_tree_delimb_loop_01.wav" innerRadius="5.0" outerRadius="60.0" fadeOut="0.1">
<volume indoor="0.25" outdoor="1.00" />
<pitch indoor="0.95" outdoor="0.95" />

I'm not good with code, but it would make sense to me that it should be fairly easy to add a line to the tree harvester to play the sound when cutting the tree. I dont know why the heck GIANTS would leave this out, especially in a FORESTRY dlc of all things.

Ideally I would like THIS mod to be updated for FS22

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

because I think this is the way it should have been all along.

Unfortunately I dont know how to contact the author Kenny456 or know if he's stil active in FS.

Anyways, I hope there are some modders that read this and understand what I'm talking about and maybe have the knowledge on how to add the falling tree sound effect when using a harvester.
ice_boii_1207

Re: No tree falling sound - script wizards pls read

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=124839 You can pm him here. It looks like he was on the giants forum just the other day
Ice_boii :gamer:
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:34 am memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=124839 You can pm him here. It looks like he was on the giants forum just the other day
Done. Thank you. *thumbsup*
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Dim67 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:09 pm
ice_boii_1207 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:34 am memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=124839 You can pm him here. It looks like he was on the giants forum just the other day
Done. Thank you. *thumbsup*
Your welcome dim!
Ice_boii :gamer: