Custom Building not connecting with ground.(FS19)

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ScruffyGuy

Custom Building not connecting with ground.(FS19)

Post by ScruffyGuy »

Hello I made a custom barn for my farm and I can't get it to level clear or place on the ground properly. the back of the barn seems to be the only thing touching the ground. I have set the clear and level areas in the XML but I cant seem to figure this one out. This is for FS19 I am too broke to get FS22 and a computer that will run it. If someone could point me in the direction I should be looking that would be great. Thank You!
Dogface

Re: Custom Building not connecting with ground.(FS19)

Post by Dogface »

Did you set the clear and level areas in GE?
Are there any warnings or errors in the log?
ScruffyGuy

Post by ScruffyGuy »

I only get performance raw texture errors in the log for the building which I will fix those as I am only in the testing phase of this. I did set the clears and levels and I checked again this morning the only thing is it looks like the index paths on them changed? my xml which I know I did is off.... I must have been really tired yesterday. I will test again and let you know and provide a screenshot and more info it this isn't fixed
ScruffyGuy

Post by ScruffyGuy »

Fixing all of the node numbers did not work I tried two other issues that I noticed could be the problem and that also did not work starting to think it's not going to happen lol. I am 1000% baffled I will include screenshots of whatever I can

okay I wont include a screenshot, why is this forum so outdated?

here is the code.... clearArea and levelArea matches with GE.. also haven't messed with <placement> or <leveling> at all because I don't know or understand where I get the values from, this xml was copied as a template.

Code: Select all

<placeableType>placeable</placeableType>
    <filename>first_barn.i3d</filename>
    <placement testSizeX="31.5" testSizeZ="16" sizeX="31.5" sizeZ="16" useRandomYRotation="false" useManualYRotation="true" />

<clearAreas>
        <clearArea startNode="24|0" widthNode="24|0|0" heightNode="24|0|1"/>
    </clearAreas>

<leveling requireLeveling="true" maxSmoothDistance="10" maxSlope="75" maxEdgeAngle="45">
        <levelAreas>
            <levelArea startNode="25|0" widthNode="25|0|0" heightNode="25|0|1" groundType="asphalt"/>
        </levelAreas>
    </leveling>
the only explanations for anything I can find about anything to do with anything is about how to "mod" to break game mechanics or how to slap stupid looking rim on a truck. Elk Mountain and Shy wizard have been a great help so far but they don't touch on topic of clears and levels and placements when it comes to xml lol
ScruffyGuy

Post by ScruffyGuy »

Also I use your (dogface) 2 row planter at the start of all my farms, its awesome lol
ScruffyGuy

Post by ScruffyGuy »

I fixed it some how.. I went back into blender to add details also found a video on the tube that explained the placement tag.

here is some videos that helped me out

Blender and building/texturing/uvmapping and exporting [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djPnLpRYmb4[/youtube]
Placement and clear/level areas explained [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxBDfHLdEZ0&t=864s[/youtube]

I still have some messing around to do but it is my first. https://imgur.com/a/iq9UM04

Thanks for responding to my help request!
Last edited by ScruffyGuy on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

ScruffyGuy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:21 pm Also I use your (dogface) 2 row planter at the start of all my farms, its awesome lol
Thanks Guy! There was no way to plant corn in the Farming Classics mod package, so I made one for the people.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

ScruffyGuy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:57 pm I fixed it some how.
Nice job. The trick to modding is never stop banging your head against the wall.
ScruffyGuy

Post by ScruffyGuy »

how did you post the photo? lol And thank you! Now I am going to dive into doors lighting trigger and some other things lol
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

ScruffyGuy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:59 am how did you post the photo?
If you click on "Full Editor & Preview" at the bottom of the reply box, it brings you to a section with more controls. There are red icons along the top, 9 from the right is the "insert image" icon. if you click on it, it basically just adds BBCode to the reply.

Code: Select all

[img][/img]