Can I modify a mod to support another mod?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mountain_anderson

Can I modify a mod to support another mod?

Post by mountain_anderson »

Hi all,

I'm sure this may seem hard, I don't know much in modding but have a basic knowledge for code and such. I have a feed mixer mod that currently isn't supported by the new MaizePlus mod. I'd like to use this mixer to grind up potato cut but it doesn't support potato cut, let alone MaizePlus in general. Is there anyway I can edit it to do that or no, any help is appreciated!
Steel_Horse

Re: Can I modify a mod to support another mod?

Post by Steel_Horse »

The short answer is yes, you should be able to do it. It will need an xml change. I havent checked, however if I am recalling correctly the Maize+ pdf includes some help for converting euipment ie mixers. The advantage of getting it fully defined is you will then access all the recipes. The quick and dirty method would just add a the potato cut filltype.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

mountain_anderson wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:13 pm Hi all,

I'm sure this may seem hard, I don't know much in modding but have a basic knowledge for code and such. I have a feed mixer mod that currently isn't supported by the new MaizePlus mod. I'd like to use this mixer to grind up potato cut but it doesn't support potato cut, let alone MaizePlus in general. Is there anyway I can edit it to do that or no, any help is appreciated!
Search for Disturbed Simulations on YouTube as he has a video which covers this. He does the English videos for the Farming Agency.
mountain_anderson

Post by mountain_anderson »

Steel_Horse wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:59 am The short answer is yes, you should be able to do it. It will need an xml change. I havent checked, however if I am recalling correctly the Maize+ pdf includes some help for converting euipment ie mixers. The advantage of getting it fully defined is you will then access all the recipes. The quick and dirty method would just add a the potato cut filltype.
I tried that, honestly, i messed up on this post, this mod is more of a fliegl ruby mod, where it cuts up the sugar beet into sugarbeet cut, id like the mod to convert potato to potato cut, ive done a lot of experimenting, and all it does so far is pick up the potatoes, but it wont convert it to potato cut