Mod for annotating frames

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mkisho

Mod for annotating frames

Post by mkisho »

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to use farming simulator for educational purposes, but I'm completely new to both FS and modding (but I've experience with programming), so I wanted some advice beforehand if what I want to do is possible.
The application I was planning would require the following two main changes. The first one would require to modify the way the camera moves in the game. This one I already found an implementation of a similar mod, and it seems quite easy to adapt for my purposes. The second one is the one need help since I am not too sure about: I wanted to trace the objects that are being rendered in each pixel of the image. That is, for a frame of the camera, I want to get the name/type of the foremost object that appear on each pixel of the frame (like, the first pixel on the image is showing corn, the next one is grass, the next one is ground, the next is corn again...). I plan to log this info to a file, which I can post process later. Can anyone point me where I can find resources about functions that may be useful for this purpose?