Using Platinum features in a mod map

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
allendeckard

Using Platinum features in a mod map

Post by allendeckard »

I have a mod map idea that I want to implement since the platinum DLC came out. I have messed around with making a map in the past but never fully got into it when I found created maps that I thought were better made than the idea I had.

Anyway I'm wanting to make a mining/forestry map that I guess would be considered much harder than what I have found currently available. Part of it would be shear cliffs that the new yarder equipment would be the only practical method of getting logs down. That part is a simple download by the user.

The second part though is the mining. For that I want to implement the Rock breaking feature that is from the platinum DLC but before I get to far into this I started off with a simple test and am having issues finding the rocks for rock breaking I know they have to be separate and apart from just rock textures.

I'm in no way any expert in the past I used a simple blank map and then modified that map for example alpine then wiping out the features i dont want and going from there but there isn't any hydraulic rock breaking features on this map to get started. And since you cant modify the silverrun map due to it being a dlc I'm a bit lost on where to get started IF ITS EVEN POSSIBLE.

If it's not possible then thats fine but I cant seem to find anything to get started.
olahaldor

Re: Using Platinum features in a mod map

Post by olahaldor »

The only platinum dlc features you can add to a map is the products different buildings produce, and the placeables.

You cannot make the rock breaking feature or dead wood feature to the map. It requires knowledge and code and possibly other data (like a weight map or something for where the missions appear).

Until Giants release this information, there's nothing we can do, except add placeables.