How to change the file responsible for tree

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
haker146

How to change the file responsible for tree

Post by haker146 »

Hey, recently I've been working on a revised season for fs22 with real weather and crop and soil moisture. My mod adds the ability to freeze crops if there is a cold winter without snow. The mod also adds the need to check humidity, grass, grain, rapeseed before harvesting.

However, I have a little problem with the shaders, I would like to change the tree shaders to my own in my mod. The problem is that I don't know how to do it with lua script, the point is that my mod should use the treeBranchShader.xml shader from the mod folder and not from the data/shaders directory. Can something like this be done??
norfolk farmer

Re: How to change the file responsible for tree

Post by norfolk farmer »

Sorry I can't answer your question but I very much like the sound of what you are trying to do.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

would need to see the files to disect and search out relevant file paths.

Are you going to make sugar from frozen potatoes? I hear potatoes turn to sugar when they freeze in fields or silos.
haker146

Post by haker146 »

Hey, at the moment in the first version, I would like to improve the lighting and shaders of trees, and the weather, so that winters are really cold and snowy. In addition, there will be added uncertainty of the harvest, which means that in the summer during the harvest there may be bad weather that will prevent the harvest.

For now, however, I have a problem with replacing tree shaders via a LUA script
A little preview of what the lighting looks like right now (These are Polish climates, that's why such equipment and tractors):