vMask Blender 3.2

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
JDMFarms

vMask Blender 3.2

Post by JDMFarms »

I'm following the Mod'g Tutorials (5.0, i think) and i'm not getting the materials in the UV Editor. the list is empty. Im using Blender 3.2 as that is what I got up to using at work before coming back into the FS world. Is the vMask not yet compatible with Blender 3.2 or is Giants Exporter not fully compatible with 3.2? I read a lot about Giants Editor last month and deduced they are not supporting it right now or any longer which led me to a version on github which is not in support of the Tutorials.

note: i notice when i select the vMask in the materials tab for specular it autoswaps it to the normal texture.

any insight/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

thx,
JDM
DzInLa

Re: vMask Blender 3.2

Post by DzInLa »

Hi JDM,

The FS22 Modding Tutorials (5) were done using Blender 2.93.0.
I've used the Exporter in higher versions of Blender with some success. The one problem I have is the materials do not always export properly.
You can see some of my work in the WIP section.

DzInLa
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The GIANTS I3D Exporter for Blender might not be fully compatible with Blender 3.x, but there is also another version of the Blender Exporter developed by somebody from the Community which seems to also support Blender 3.x: https://github.com/StjerneIdioten/I3D-Blender-Addon

There are also some additional tools available that should work with both the GIANTS Exporter and also the alternative version: https://github.com/NMC-TBone/i3d_exporter_additionals

Disclaimer: I've not used any of these myself, just sharing some information found elsewhere on the forum.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

I've always just made sure I assign the textures before exporting and it seems to work , filepaths to textures set correctly in i3d
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Thanks everyone.
DzInLa

Post by DzInLa »

I think I figured out why the textures do not always show up in the GIANTS Exporter export to i3d from Blender.
If your textures are in a folder called "TEXTURES" (for example) within your Blender model folder, the folder you are exporting to (example folder: FS22_MyModName) should have a copy of the folder called "TEXTURES" in it.