fs17 does not start

AnronV

fs17 does not start

Post by AnronV »

FS 17 steam. When the game starts, the loading screen is shown for a second and throws it out of the game, without errors. But with this, the game starts when there is no Internet

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Anders_Nilsson

Re: fs17 does not start

Post by Anders_Nilsson »

Did you solve your problem? I seem to have the same....

Regards
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

This is more widespread than I first thought. I am having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this? Giants does not answer emails to tech support about this. This is quite disappointing for a game they are still actively selling.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

There was a similar issue in FS19 which was caused by some issue related to certain Intel processor types: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=158991&p=1246504#p1246504

I'm guessing this might be something similar, but I doubt that GIANTS will release any fix for this for FS17 anymore.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

don_apple wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:01 am There was a similar issue in FS19 which was caused by some issue related to certain Intel processor types: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=158991&p=1246504#p1246504

I'm guessing this might be something similar, but I doubt that GIANTS will release any fix for this for FS17 anymore.
Hi Don. I found the problem in December and have since found a few handfuls of people around the web experiencing exactly the same problem. By all accounts it appears Giants has been radio silent on acknowledging the issue. This is extremely disappointing. FS17 is not an abandoned game. You can still buy a new copy direct from Giants (as I've done a few times). To drop support for or not acknowledge tech issues with a game they are actively retailing for play on new hardware, is not very good customer service.
bronney

Post by bronney »

Just happened to me after upgrade to an Alder Lake. Direct x, drivers, admin mode all latest active. No change. Come on GIANTS, we just wanna chill :)

EDIT: Log attached.
Attachments
log.txt
(1.73 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

bronney wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:49 am Just happened to me after upgrade to an Alder Lake. Direct x, drivers, admin mode all latest active. No change. Come on GIANTS, we just wanna chill :)

EDIT: Log attached.
Is 11th gen i5 the Alder Lake series? My problem is on an i5 11400. We also play on an older i5 and on a Ryzen 7 and a couple much older processors, and they all run it flawlessly.

I've sent numerous emails to Giants support about this. They have not even acknowledged my question :confusednew:
MK_McD

Post by MK_McD »

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:09 am Is 11th gen i5 the Alder Lake series?
It's a Rocket Lake, but the problem affects all "Lake" processors.
I've sent numerous emails to Giants support about this. They have not even acknowledged my question :confusednew:
I highly doubt they will fix a 6 year old game.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Except it is a 6yo game which they still sell new. Not supporting a product that you continue to sell as a new product, is pretty shoddy.

The same problem was apparently widely reported with 19 when these processors came out, and they patched it. They have the means to fix it for 17 as well.
bronney

Post by bronney »

Guys, I fixed it and FS17 happily loads and playable. Add an Outbound rule to your windows firewall with advanced security to the exe. Mine's "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 17\x64\FarmingSimulator2017Game.exe" and set it to block all connections. The game CTD because it can no longer find the fs17 modhub which is discontinued and didn't know what to do so it kicks you out. Enjoy.
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

bronney wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:03 pm Guys, I fixed it and FS17 happily loads and playable. Add an Outbound rule to your windows firewall with advanced security to the exe. Mine's "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 17\x64\FarmingSimulator2017Game.exe" and set it to block all connections. The game CTD because it can no longer find the fs17 modhub which is discontinued and didn't know what to do so it kicks you out. Enjoy.
You are the man!!!
Yes that did work for me.
Sadly I can't play on our LAN server.. but at least it plays single player.