Got problem with turning and a issue with the front loader who wouldn't close

Fredsvoll

Got problem with turning and a issue with the front loader who wouldn't close

Post by Fredsvoll »

Got some problems on FS17. I use a gaming PC and 2015 Saitek Farm Simulator Bundle (Now name changed to Logitech FS bundle).

Issue #1 : In the simulator the tractor turns by it self without any physical movement on the Saitek wheel..

Issue #2 : When I use a front loader on the tractor it would not hold the grip, I use the keyboard or the mouse. Its only closing and the reopen again. If I use the stick nothing happens..

Added info: If I disconnect the Saitek and just use the mouse and keyboard it works fine. Then I can close the Stoll Wrapped Bale Handler or the Stoll Log fork and its stays closed. Seems like a bug between Saitek and the sim.

Anyone who got a idea / tips of what could cause the problem?

Thanks
Alagos

Re: Got problem with turning and a issue with the front loader who wouldn't close

Post by Alagos »

Sounds like wrong settings or broken hardware.
My first set of wheel and sidepanel broke after a couple hundred hours.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
W1der

Re: Got problem with turning and a issue with the front loader who wouldn't close

Post by W1der »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Are you familiar with the "controls menu" (where you assign functions to axis and buttons for your controllers)?
This is under the "option"s section - you need to "swipe" to see the controls menu/menus.
The first one is where you assign functions for your controllers and the next one is for dead zone settings and sensitivity.

However ... this controller should come with some default settings for controls input so there might be an issue with the controller or the inputBinding.xml file.

I would start with having a look at the dead zone settings for the steering wheel issue ...
And next I would try to bind functions for the joystick inputs manually.

If this does not work I would delete the inputBindings.xml file (a new one should be created when you reboot your game with default settings).
This file could be named inputBinding_saitekPanel.xml in your case.

This file is found in the "same location" as your mod folder.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5