Update 1.4

sootyfarmer

Re: Update 1.4

Post by sootyfarmer »

Since the update on PC, helpers are now crashing into walls at the end of fields and trailer covers automatically flip on and off when passing trigger points?
newhollandfendt

Post by newhollandfendt »

I can't download the 1.4 update on my mac. I get an download error all the time. I tried 6 times now *thumbsdown*

Its very stupid.
Thatguystheory

Post by Thatguystheory »

newhollandfendt wrote:I can't download the 1.4 update on my mac. I get an download error all the time. I tried 6 times now *thumbsdown*

Its very stupid.
Havent u heen reading this thread lol dont download it its shocking
newhollandfendt

Post by newhollandfendt »

Thatguystheory wrote:
newhollandfendt wrote:I can't download the 1.4 update on my mac. I get an download error all the time. I tried 6 times now *thumbsdown*

Its very stupid.
Havent u heen reading this thread lol dont download it its shocking
Yes have seen it.
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

The game is almost unplayable with all those HUGE lags...

Wow I went to check my log.txt file, it's now at 987 Mb... WTF I'll delete it o.O
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

There is a bunch of lines coming in loop in my log file:
Validity check failed in TransformGroup_localToWorld:
..\..\..\src\engine\app\ReflectionAndScriptBinding.cpp (3081): MathUtil::isFinite(pArgs->arg[0].f)
LUA call stack:
dataS/scripts/vehicles/specializations/TensionBelts.lua (839) : printCallstack
dataS/scripts/vehicles/specializations/TensionBelts.lua (264) : getIsPlayerInTensionBeltsRange
dataS/scripts/vehicles/Vehicle.lua (2591) : update
dataS/scripts/network/Server.lua (56) : update
dataS/scripts/BaseMission.lua (1508) : update
dataS/scripts/FSBaseMission.lua (2167) : update
dataS/scripts/missions/mission00.lua (333) : update
dataS/scripts/main.lua (1873) : update
..\..\..\src\engine\app\ReflectionAndScriptBinding.cpp (3083): !MathUtil::isNaN(pArgs->arg[2].f)
LUA call stack:
dataS/scripts/vehicles/specializations/TensionBelts.lua (264) : getIsPlayerInTensionBeltsRange
..\..\..\src\engine\app\ReflectionAndScriptBinding.cpp (3083): MathUtil::isFinite(pArgs->arg[2].f)
Is it possible that this is the source of this very annoying lag?
If it is, how to fix it?

Thanks.
koalateafarming

Post by koalateafarming »

My biggest issue with this update is the simple fact that it broke the majority of my mods. I have a healthy mix of downloaded mods from the in-game mod page and modhub.us. The mods from the external 3rd party site are the ones that broke and the majority of those mods happen to be from the 3rd party. That is really the only issue I have had so far. I haven't seen or dealt with any other of the aforementioned atrocities I have read within this thread at least so far... (thank god).

I need someone to verify something for me though: I do have a couple of mods that someone was saying if I disabled the realism mods (realdirt and such) that these mods would be able to work? Can anyone confirm that with any of their mods?
AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz
Gigabyte GA-78LMT
16GB PNY ANARCHY DDR3 2333MHz RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB by EVGA
Logitech G910, G933, G502
Razer Firefly
Windows 10 Home
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

Finally It's one of the mods I use on this savegame... I've tried my rarely used Sosnovska and I don't have the lags and growing log file...
The thing is to find which mod(s) is causing it... It will be a pain to figure it out, on this game I've got something around 20 mods, most are for equipents I use...
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

@dashay5, what platform? If you want us to help, you have to post your platform. :)

@Gnasher3i6, I agree, that is a HUGE plus to having the disc version.

@Jwolfm3, I guess so. :lol:

@CanProFarm, please post your full log.txt and we can take a look if you still need help. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
dashay5

Post by dashay5 »

Issue update 1.4. - Single Player mode,
Laptop PC: Processor = Intel i7 – 6700HQ CPU@2.60 Hz, Ram = 16 GB, Video = 4 GB NVidia 960M (used for game) plus second Intel integrated HD graphic, Laptop Display = 3840 x 2160

Note: No issues in log file. I have near 150 real time hours on a new game file as a single player.
It appears the pending update 1.4.2 from the [FS17] Bug Collection Thread (Version 1.4 and up)
may fix my concerns and the items below.

Issues:
1) Helper not functioning properly. Helper can no longer be counted on to perform seed and fertilizer tasks (see issue 2 below, as these appear to be tied together). Helper’s behavior is erratic when sowing the same seed over a previously planted field with the same crop. I tried different field points and issues are similar with the Helper stopping after one row, making short stops before the end of a row, or backing up after completing a row before moving forward to complete a turn at the end of a row. If the Helper does backup and does make a row turn, the Helper may then stop at the end of the next row or after sowing a few more rows. (Note: I not sure if Helper is attempting a short turn when the turn area is restricted. Backing up would then be necessary to make the turn - - good thing. However, the Helper is still stopping after completing a few rows.)
Example: A just harvested soybeans and direct-seeding again with soybeans causes the Helper to be erratic.
Helper appears to perform fine when direct seeding a plowed field or when using different seeds.

2) Direct sowing implements, where no plowing or separate cultivating is required, do not properly seed or fertilizer. This happens with or without using a Helper. With the implement down and turned on, no seed or fertilizer is applied when attempting to sow seed over a previous planted field that had the same crop. Changing the seed to a different crop appears to function fine.

Thanks for your help.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance
Benjibeaver

Post by Benjibeaver »

I'm playing GCV on Xbox one and I was trying to sell at gold crest grain and my Challenger MT700E began violently shaking and levitating. I either need a patch or a priest. :hmm:
Rocking the XBone in Western Oregon
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

@dashhay5, I do appreciate you writing all that. If you are trying to seed the same crop over and over again, it won't work. Stegei said you can't do it anymore, which is pretty saddening, but I think I heard from a forum member, that you have to cultivate the ground before seeding the same crop again. I think this may answer questions 1 and 2 both. I hope I am interpreting your questions right. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
781pgfz

Post by 781pgfz »

Worked fine before this patch,after patch game stutters so much it is unplayable.how do I get back earlier version on steam?
droppo

Post by droppo »

updated yesterday evening to Update 1.4.2 and driving in tractors everything schocks in a terrible way un playable this way
setting the graphics lower but not succesfull so far to make the game playable
such a wonderfull game but at this point completely worthless
:?:
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

CanProFarm wrote:There is a bunch of lines coming in loop in my log file:
..\..\..\src\engine\app\ReflectionAndScriptBinding.cpp (3081): MathUtil::isFinite(pArgs->arg[0].f)
LUA call stack:
..\..\..\src\engine\app\ReflectionAndScriptBinding.cpp (3083): !MathUtil::isNaN(pArgs->arg[2].f)
LUA call stack:
..\..\..\src\engine\app\ReflectionAndScriptBinding.cpp (3083): MathUtil::isFinite(pArgs->arg[2].f)
Is it possible that this is the source of this very annoying lag?
If it is, how to fix it?

Thanks.
You got a mod in your mods folder that is either badly converted or missing files. Call stacks indicate that the game is looking (calling) for a function or file but can't find it.
So you have to check your mods.

About the lagging gameplay, I've used the gamebooster option from my Razer Cortex software. It creates a "gaming desktop environment" telling the PC to only run the game, no background stuff. It also deactivates the explorer.exe that is needed to use the desktop. When that stops all your icons will disappear. That did end the lag in my game. After closing the game, Gamebooster restarts everything it stopped, also brings back the icons on the desktop. I guess the game (after patch 1.4) doesn't like to play with all the background processes. Party Pooper.....
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.