lots of lag on dedicated server after last patch/dlc

hjvg

lots of lag on dedicated server after last patch/dlc

Post by hjvg »

i am wondering if i am the only person that has this.

i am running a dedicated server on a stand alone pc and playing on it with freinds it Always worked fine without lagg. but since patch 1.4.2 and the new dlc (i updated it at the same time) the server is having trobles if there is only 1 person playing it looks fine (just some really tiny almost notable shoks) but when 2 or more people are online driving is getting verry hard is there are a lot of freeze`s/lag spikes.

mods and all did stay the same as bevore only the kuhn dlc got added and the last update
ping is good for us all around de 20ms

so are there more people that got this problem?
droppo

Re: lots of lag on dedicated server after last patch/dlc

Post by droppo »

you are not the only one,
after update 1.4.2 the game is un playable for me
play on pc, no mods, game is laggy in tractor it"s like sitting in a shaker the whole thing stutters
in short goodbye lovely game it drive you nuts
grumble grumble
hjvg

Post by hjvg »

you playing single mode or also on a server at multiplayer?

for me its only on my dedicated server when i use the save game and run it on my own server and start a normal multyplayer game with it its fine for me and my freinds.

but yea did not buy a extra copy of the game to not run it on the dedicated server (and i have to be online else my freinds can not play)
droppo

Post by droppo »

do not play multiplayer, yust single mode
everything worked perfect including patch 1.3.1, yes there were bugs but they worked on it fine no problem
but now after installing patch 1.4.2 bye bye game
have I7-3770 cpu 3.4Ghz
NVIDIA GT 545 4095mb
latest drivers so it should work but it does not
VikingBear

Post by VikingBear »

Hi, I can confirm that the game stutters weirdly on 1.4.2 with a dedicated server. (Using a dedicated servercomputer with it's own 15/15mbits Connection for this game.)

It's very noticable with forklifts and other objects that uses some sort of physic's to move up and down but I am not 100% sure if thats the only thing. I also noted that some lagspikes from users can leave a ghost copy of their player models.
BlurredUpload

Post by BlurredUpload »

Nope, I think the stutter is from the recent patch. It's bye bye game until they fix it. It is honestly so annoying when you try to record a camera angle but no, you receive constant stutters, with a freaking quad core?!?!?
Grabby

Post by Grabby »

I run 3 Dedicated servers each on their own 2012 Windows Virtual server and each having over 100 added MODs and all 3 run smooth as ever, no issues on the 1.4.2 patch, other players do not complain about the servers at all. /shrug
Buddhaman101

Post by Buddhaman101 »

Grabby wrote:I run 3 Dedicated servers each on their own 2012 Windows Virtual server and each having over 100 added MODs and all 3 run smooth as ever, no issues on the 1.4.2 patch, other players do not complain about the servers at all. /shrug

Well here comes a complaint: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123799035

The left is a continual ping to our server, the right is obviously a capture of the ping in game playing on that same server.
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

My computer was running beautifully with 1.3.1 and even with 1.4 0, after 1.4.2 I started getting stuttering. I tested in game mods without any mods and was still have the stuttering randomly.

With 1.4.4, the stuttering occurs so often that it eventually becomes unbearable. Last night I got fed up and reverted to 1.3.1. everything is smooth as silk, not one stutter with the same maps and mods. Tonight I will go to 1.4.0 and test that. I should be ok, it was before.

I know I'm not alone in this.
Grabby

Post by Grabby »

Buddhaman101 wrote:
Grabby wrote:I run 3 Dedicated servers each on their own 2012 Windows Virtual server and each having over 100 added MODs and all 3 run smooth as ever, no issues on the 1.4.2 patch, other players do not complain about the servers at all. /shrug

Well here comes a complaint: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123799035

The left is a continual ping to our server, the right is obviously a capture of the ping in game playing on that same server.
Delete all files you find in the following directory and try that test again - C:\Users\ <Your Name> \Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\shader_cache