Installing mod from RAR file

svkb

Installing mod from RAR file

Post by svkb »

So I downloaded a combine mod and it was a RAR file so I extracted it only to find that there wasn't a zip file inside, instead it was a folder inside a folder that contained all the regular files you would see in a zip file. I've tried everything I can think of including sending all the files to a zip file but no matter what I do that mod will not show up in game.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Angryfarmer

Re: Installing mod from RAR file

Post by Angryfarmer »

What combine is it and where did it download from? I use the unarciver on my my Mac it converts them for me. On my pc though I've only had that problem when the zip folder contains another folder that has all the actual folders for mod. Open that folder if you have not and place only the folders contained in that folder to the zip folder
svkb

Post by svkb »

Angryfarmer wrote:What combine is it and where did it download from? I use the unarciver on my my Mac it converts them for me. On my pc though I've only had that problem when the zip folder contains another folder that has all the actual folders for mod. Open that folder if you have not and place only the folders contained in that folder to the zip folder
Hi Angryfarmer,

Thanks for replying. Yeah I noticed that once I unpacked it there was a folder, inside that was a folder that contained all the mod files. I put that folder inside my mod folder... no luck. So I tried creating a zip file of just that folder, again, no dice. Finally I've tried going into that folder and selecting all the mod files and adding them to a zip... no go.

I'm starting to wonder if it's actually a fs 17 mod even though the website says it was. By the way, I tried downloading it from 3 different sources.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

what combine and what site is it? if u post me the link ill try it and see if it works for me.