Fps dropping, and random crashes

Josewilliams

Fps dropping, and random crashes

Post by Josewilliams »

I not sure what is going on, Since 1.3.1 was updated my fps has been getting slower.
I have the latest drivers, latest game version.
I have tested the game on Goldcrest, no mod just the DLC and getting a drop in the fps down to 50fps and back up to 60fps with no machines owned, with machine it goes down to about 30 and back up to 40/50fps, just one tractor can drop the fps by 5.
Its seems to have no relation to where i look, it just happens everywhere, even when I'm looking down (worse in cab, Turning off mirrors does not help).
I have checked for conflicts (removed all mods from the mods folder), the only thing i have noticed is a serious use of Vram, 4gb being used constantly.
I cleaned the shader cache.
I also get a 10fps drop just looking at the town in Goldcrest even though the pc is doing nothing.
The PC was not using a lot, the cpu was 37%, graphics 34% , ram 32% and hard drive 21%, that was on a mod map with about 14 machines owned and animal.
The fps was jumping from 25 to 35 constantly even though when i started playing, for the first 10mins or so it was at 45fps to 55fps (possible memory leak in the game).

The Vram i always maxed out. If i play Crysis 3 on ultra it never stay maxed out.
The card is not even getting warm, FS17 is the only game that does this please help, it really irritating, I play this game to relax and i cannot :frown: .

I have attached the log and Dxdiag.

Thanks
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
Directx Diagnostics
(76.83 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
log.txt
Game Log
(5.92 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Josewilliams

Re: Fps dropping, and random crashes

Post by Josewilliams »

The Game is crashing every time i play the game, it just freezes and i have to sign out of windows to close the game as i can shut it down through task manager or by tell it to close down on the start bar.
philchenevert

Re: Fps dropping, and random crashes

Post by philchenevert »

FS17 also freezes about 10 minutes into the game. No controls at all but the grass still waves. strange.
As Josewilliams, I must shut down the Giants engine from inside Windows and then reload the game again. Sometimes a vehicle will just shoot away at speed with no control and sometimes in conjunction, my money will drop consistently into the negative millions. tsk, tsk. I play on a PC through Steam but cannot give all the technical specs of what goes wrong since I am not that knowledgable, just know it freezes. I have played FS15 for thousands of hours with no problem and indeed it still works fine (I checked) but FS17 ... sigh!. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong.