FPS Dropping (Xbox One)

gtrplyr87

FPS Dropping (Xbox One)

Post by gtrplyr87 »

I've been having some issues with the frame rate dropping in single player. Whenever I have 1 or more workers hired, it starts to drop. Very much so when I'm around the field of trees I planted in Field 19 of Goldcrest Valley (with or without any workers hired). I don't remember it occuring as much or hardly ever before the latest update I downloaded. When I game, I run Pandora in the background and have no no issues with FPS in any other game I play. Disc or download form. It's driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
chuckGnades

Re: FPS Dropping (Xbox One)

Post by chuckGnades »

Cut down the field of trees. Its probably too many
gtrplyr87

Post by gtrplyr87 »

Thanks. I'm working on that right now. I have noticed a slight difference. But the payday from all those trees is really sweet. Should I spread them out across the map in various locations? Recommendations?

Also, I must note. I notice a slight FPS drop during the opening intro video when starting the game up.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've noticed a significant frame rate drop when my workers get near a tree or power pole on Coldborough. I've not planted any extra trees and it doesn't occur near trees at the field edges. Only when they get near a tree or pole that's in the field and they drive by it. It starts lagging like crazy.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
tbonewood

Post by tbonewood »

try going into the main options and changing the field of view i done that and it works so much better
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I found that happened on a farm I was working on on GCV on Xbox. I planted the whole fields of 16 and 19 with trees. Once they were fully grown I couldn't go near either field of trees without the frames dropping to the point the game almost wouldn't work. I tried to start cutting them but I ended up deleting the map and starting over. I didn't realize how many trees were planted.
gtrplyr87

Post by gtrplyr87 »

Update:

I harvested all the tress in Field 19 (and that payday was SWEET). I still have a slight issue with the frame rate dropping. Not as much as I did when I had the trees planted though.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Did you remove all the stumps? I have heard the stumps can still cause issues.
PS4
gtrplyr87

Post by gtrplyr87 »

Just from the trees I harvested from the field? Or from all the ones I've harvested from all over the map?
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

No I think it should be just the ones that were planted that were causing your lag. I don't do much logging so I cant tell you much I just read that on here somewhere and thought I would throw that in there. Did you try doing another hard reset?
PS4
gtrplyr87

Post by gtrplyr87 »

Yeah. Multiple times. Doesn't help that much.
Jwolfm3

Post by Jwolfm3 »

I've had lag with too many trees too many bales too many potatoe pallets too many hired workers.. this game is very very limited to what you can actually do at a time.. I had a field planted with trees and 300 pigs, 500 cows and 1500 sheep.. hard to keep up with it all when it lags.. now I have separate saves for each project