If You Have An Error in Your Log.txt and Want to Post It? - Please Read This...

JohnDeere318

If You Have An Error in Your Log.txt and Want to Post It? - Please Read This...

Post by JohnDeere318 »

If you have a question about any type of error, please post your full log.txt so that we can get a better understanding of your system at this point! That is one thing we ask of you when you post a question about errors. Please look at the following:

What NOT to do: we ask of you to NOT just post one section of your log.txt! This is really hard to tell if we don't get your full log.txt. This just makes it more difficult and involves one more step we have to do to help you. I am not saying that we're lazy, but it would really help if we got some of your help on your end as well. Also, this is not too big of an issue, but do not post in the "General Questions" section, the "Technical Support" section is the most beneficial -- just thought I should put that out there. ;)
  • For example:

Code: Select all

Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
    If you just put that, we have no clue what you are talking about nor will anyone be willing to help you. I am sorry if that came out the wrong way. :)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What to do: if you have an error that you are suspisious about, please post your full log.txt in a spoiler -- this is beneficial for readability reasons. When you post your full log.txt, we will be able to help you faster and more efficiently. We really appreciate people when they do this, this will save us the question "Without knowing the rest of your log.txt, please post your log.txt so that we can so if there are any other conflicts." If we don't have to ask that, we can get you your answer to solve your problem quicker and you will be able to get back to playing your game quicker.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How do I post this so called, "log.txt"? Well, go here to get that information: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
  • I, JohnDeere318, have the link in my signature if you need that as well! :)

We appreciate your time looking at this and I hope all of you new members to read this as well, it just helps us out a ton when trying to help you, we only ask of this one thing before your post your question about errors and log information!

If anyone has anything to add to this, please post in the topic! I do kindly ask this thread to be a sticky, but that is totally up to the moderator's decision. :) I do kindly ask of all of you not to write anything else but only additions to the thread, if you have some. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt